Do Past Mistakes Ever Just Haunt You?

GraceRandolph

Does it ever feel like the past is an inescapable ghost looming over your entire life? Like your reputation is stained in the eyes of your family or community and you can never make up for it?Β 

No, idgaf. We're all gonna die soon anyway. I only focus on the present.

In certain regards, yes, there are things I've done and said that I'm not proud of. Knowing better now and knowing what I've done is its own sort of punishment; one that I didn't receive at the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Revolution said:

No, idgaf. We're all gonna die soon anyway. I only focus on the present.

Β 

1 hour ago, Joyride said:

things got better once I got dissociative amnesia

Β 

55 minutes ago, Devin said:

live life with no regrets.Β :heart:

Β 

49 minutes ago, bliaz said:

yeah-britney.gif

Β 

Β 

36 minutes ago, Bacardo Royale said:

certain ones yeah

Β 

32 minutes ago, DamianSolo said:

In certain regards, yes, there are things I've done and said that I'm not proud of. Knowing better now and knowing what I've done is its own sort of punishment; one that I didn't receive at the time.

Β 

18 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

Always.

Β 

4 minutes ago, GentleEarthquake said:

Every day, every night

spacer.png

Honestly, I feel guilty and ashamed about my past all the time. But it helps to know that doing bad things doesn't make you a bad person. EveryoneΒ makes bad decisions from time to time. It's part of being human. Feeling remorse is a good sign because truly terrible people never feel it. They just make excuses and keep repeating the same bad behavior.Β 

• Thanks 1

The worst things I've done were when I was 13/14. I feel really bad about them. I was a literal child but I still feel like it was me so it's pretty awkward. I forgave myself thinking "you don't need to be an angel. You're an OK person and that's amazing".

Every darn day

Β 

6ueddv.gif

They used to but I’m kinda over it now. Just gotta learn to live alongside the bullshit.Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.