Youtube debuts premium price hikes after adblock crackdown

Smarticle

I ******* called it. Nope still adblocking forever. Suck my balls

• Haha 2

• ATRL Moderator

Those are the prices from the iOS app. 

Not surprised, corporate greed was behind the ad blocker crack down in the first place. I will continue to block their ******* ads they will never see a penny from me

:ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They can suck a dick, im tired of corporations doing this and blaming inflation and any dumb excuse in the book when they're making record earnings.

im happy with my hacked spotify.  thanks tho 

Edited by Starchild
  • Haha 1

Nah, I’m good watching YT while signed out with adblock. :ryan3:

worth $5, at most, and I’m being generous :nicole:

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Those are the prices from the iOS app. 

So are you a paying customer

The only reason to get  YT premium is to get YT Music with the ad free videos..I currently pay 13 for mines but any higher and I'm out as soon as they bring the price up again ( I was paying 11 prior to September)

i have to keep installing and removing these adblock extensions as well as switch browsers. idc im NOT paying. 

2 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

If you get blocked by youtube, just click share and embed and you can watch all the videos there :gaycat4:

will be doing this once my free trail ends 

I get the adblock restrictions but imagine punishing their users for paying. 

It's still not a bad deal considering it comes with yt music, but still, a mess.

3 hours ago, May said:

at a time when TikTok is their biggest competitor, this really is NOT the best time for YouTube to be treating its users like this

all it’s gonna take is for TikTok to create a dedicated section for YT-like videos and people will jump ship

I doubt the U.S. will let it happen. They're already unhappy with TikTok taking a large piece of FB's social media pie. They are not going to sit still if TikTok tries to take Google's as well.

Edited by awong918

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Smarticle said:

So are you a paying customer

Yes. People on here proudly pay $11 for Spotify but act like paying $3 more to have that AND more features doesn't make any sense :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

For desktop Ublock Origin

For android users, find Youtube vanced and install it on your phone

• Like 1

I pay for it at whatever the current price is but if they hike that I’m just going to cancel and stop watching YT. I’m trying to degoogle my life anyways. 

Wait its gone up that much? For Australia that be 30 bucks per month?

Looks like im cancelling my subscription 

Not fair for the loyal that's that has adblock and a subscription :deadbanana4:

a family membership in my country is like less than $5 

nicki.png

uBlock is still working fine for me on Firefox, I'm not having any warnings-issues since weeks.

Idk, I feel like it would be a much better strategy for them to make premium affordable (as in like $3 or $4/month or something) because almost everyone would be willing to spend that whereas almost nobody is gonna be willing to spend more than $10 on that (let alone more than $20). :rip:

Just pure greediness 

There is no reason why the price went up. Same with all these other streaming apps raising their prices every 3 months **** them! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.