Youtube debuts premium price hikes after adblock crackdown

Smarticle

75eoq6dzl0yb1.jpg

This particular user is having their family membership go from $22.99 --> $42.99 x

i7ngwj1a44yb1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=8e5d2288e48ec7db2e5b994fbac4250a133ef257

x US Premium prices also went up for this user

Following the United States in July, YouTube Premium’s international price increase is starting. The Google video is rolling this out slowly across Europe, Asia-Pacific, and South America.

As of November 1, YouTube Premium is seeing an international price increase in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Chile, Germany, Poland, and Turkey. This applies to individual, family, and student plans for YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium.

x

Thoughts? This is why I still have my adblock ON.

:suburban:

Tour adblock works? I just get that error that tells me i can only watch 3 vids a day and i have ad block too lmao

The minute my ad blocker stops working I'll stop using Youtube because 1) I'll never pay for it and 2) I won't be watching ads.

• Like 8

Imagine paying $23/$43 for ******* YouTube especially for those weak incentives. I’m content with my ads.:ahh:  
It’s only a few secs before you can click them off anyways. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

these companies "bleeding money" truly needs to be investigated :suburban:

Edited by Katamari
  • Like 6

I started paying because they offered the family premium account for like 1 dolar 

The advantages of living in a country with one of the worst economies 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Tour adblock works? I just get that error that tells me i can only watch 3 vids a day and i have ad block too lmao

Well I use Firefox and Ublock only, so yes :1stplace:

at a time when TikTok is their biggest competitor, this really is NOT the best time for YouTube to be treating its users like this

all it’s gonna take is for TikTok to create a dedicated section for YT-like videos and people will jump ship

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Smarticle said:

Well I use Firefox and Ublock only, so yes :1stplace:

Lemme try that :jonny6:

There are already workarounds. Not paying for another streaming ****.

Time to get a VPN and pretend like I live in Angola

:clack:

4 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

This is only for those countries that hadn't already previously got the price hike. NOT new.

Is that supposed to be better in some way

No thanks. It's way too expensive imo. I'm not paying this much money just to watch videos without ads. These companies need to chill. 

4 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

I started paying because they offered the family premium account for like 1 dolar 

The advantages of living in a country with one of the worst economies 

By that logic it should cost $0,01 in my country yet it's the same price as the US. Another reason to hate them and not pay ****. :khalyan2:

If you get blocked by youtube, just click share and embed and you can watch all the videos there :gaycat4:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ToMmY said:

By that logic it should cost $0,01 in my country yet it's the same price as the US. Another reason to hate them and not pay ****. :khalyan2:

They really just hate Venezuela don't they :rip:
I only pay 50 cents for spotify too 

• ATRL Moderator

Huh, they’re really pushing my hand towards the cancellation button huh? 
:gaycat1:

girl, just log off and that's it, the cookies allows you to keep watching the same old sh*t or create a fav folder with the channel u like to watch...

1 minute ago, Digitalism said:

They really just hate Venezuela don't they :rip:
I only pay 50 cents for spotify too 

Yeah when my friend who lives there told me what y'all pay for Spotify I was like WTF? :rogue:Oh well at least it's not full price here. I pay $5,99 for it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.