Can't Catch Me Now vs What Was I Made For?

Billionaire

?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Better song?

• Olivia
    • Billie

What Was I Made For tbh. I dont like this new Olivia song which is a shame since Vampire is in my top 3 SOTYs 

both kinda boring but billie’s has a much better melody, better lyrics and just all around sounds really good, olivia’s just another stripped back guitar song 

What Was I Made For is one of the best song release this year, for me it's better than any song by Olivia that I've heard 

Loved both, but Billie’s is better for me. 

Olivia vocals gonna hold her back in the long run. Her tone is really unpleasant, while Billie sounds smooth as butter.

well.. 🫣

• Haha 2

The Olivia song is really bad and vocally quite painful to get through, which shocked me as I love SOUR and GUTS. 

Although I never listen to What Was I Made For? or Billie in general, her song is at least pleasant on the ears and has a good melody. 

billie's song is one of the best of 2023, oliva was kinda screechy ngl (based just on the first listen).

imma go with billie since olivia should have given us the hanging tree part 2 and did not

I don't particularly like either, but I am voting for Billie since I think it is a beautiful song just not a song I will listen to.

What Was I Made For is top 3 Billie ballads. Can’t Catch Me Now is not touching 70% of GUTS, although some people here have been commenting it is better than the whole album… be serious :rip: 

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

WWIMF is one of the best songs of the year. Absolutely beautiful melody and vocals. The lyrics are somehow so universally relatable and yet also so specific to what Barbie goes through in the movie. The lyrics really don’t get enough shine for optimizing that tradeoff so well. 

• Like 3

ok I really really love the Olivia song, but nothing can touch WWIMF.

WWIMF? for me personally but i do love both :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.