Reneé Rapp & Kesha - "Your Love Is My Drug"

TomTom

Watch Reneé Rapp Duet With Kesha to ‘Your Love Is My Drug’ at Energetic Brooklyn Show

The rising pop singer brought out the singer "who shaped who I was" during her set at the Avant Gardener in Brooklyn.

It's been a busy week in New York for Reneé Rapp. Between singing “For Good” for the 20th anniversary of Wicked with fellow singer-songwriter Lizzy McAlpine on Monday (Oct. 30), or serenading Lola Tung with “One Less Lonely Girl” while dressed as Justin Bieber on Tuesday (Oct. 31), the rising star has made the most of her time in the Big Apple.

But during her sold-out performance at the Avant Gardner in Brooklyn on Thursday night (Nov. 2), Rapp brought out her biggest guest yet - pop superstar KeshaThe pair performed a vamped-up, rocked-out version the latter’s 2010 hit “Your Love Is My Drug.”

A little more than halfway through her headlining set, Rapp spoke to her rapt audience about the influential artists who inspired her throughout her life. “I want to talk about the people who, musically, personally, and professionally, I look up to and regard so highly,” she said. “They shaped who I was as a kid, and made me want to be sexy, and funny, and exciting, and outrageous, and loud and, most of all, really f–king sexy. So what better way to honor one of those women, [than] by doing one of their songs?”

Rapp proceeded to perform a sped-up rock version of the pop single, much to the crowd’s delight. But as she reached the song’s second verse, she called Kesha out onto the stage — dressed in all black with a pair of tinted sunglasses and a leather jacket, Kesha accompanied a visibly stunned Rapp onstage for a rousing performance of the song. “I f–king love you, Reneé,” Kesha declared as they reached the song’s bridge.

Once the song was over, Rapp couldn’t contain her excitement any longer. “Getting to sing with one of your idols, who is unapologetically perfect is so insane,” Rapp said giddily to the crowd. “We just sang a song, like, ‘lovesick crackhead,’ and I’m gonna cry. Oh f–k that was so cool!”

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/renee-rapp-kesha-duet-your-love-is-my-drug-1235462623/

• Like 3

Been needing for this to happen :jonnycat:

• Like 2

now collab bitchezzzz :jonny4:

• Like 1

Icon supportin talented newcomer. We love it :heart2: we need more acts doin this

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TomTom said:

queens lewking so GOOD

• Like 1

:clap3:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Now that's magic right there. Two talented, strong, and beautiful women doing what they do best :wanda:We love to see it :clap3:

• Like 2

we love to see main pop girlies support young main pop girlies

• Like 2

Kesha getting her flowers from the new generation :clap3:

her power and influence is still severely overlooked, I’m looking forward to more artists naming her as an influence 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.