have you had your reputation era yet?

Asscatchem

have you had your reputation era yet?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. have you had your reputation era yet?

• no
    • yes
    • its ongoing

No, but I fear it’s coming in 2024. :gaycat5:

Edited by ThousandMiles

Yes, back in 1974 when I was a few years into showbiz (I’m a semi-retired actress) I made the wrong producer mad and he tried to get back at me by spreading rumors. Luckily I haven’t seen him in years, I think I last saw him at a restaurant a while back, but I don’t think he remembers me. Luckily at that point in time I had a fanbase (although it wasn’t a HUGE fanbase I still appreciated the intent). And they were there to support me, honestly I’m getting teary eyed writing this.. I still consider myself a star, even if that sounds weird. Thank you if you took the time to read this .

• Confused 1

Yes, earlier this year an influencer did a livestream and accused me of a lot of lies in front of their thousands of fans.

My identity wasn’t revealed but still, it took me like a month to get out of my house, I was really nervous about their fans attacking me or something.

It’s a terrible feeling, I hope it never happens to anyone here.

K bye for now, Sunshine. <3

Edited by Rei
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, TROJAN said:

Yes, back in 1974 when I was a few years into showbiz (I’m a semi-retired actress) I made the wrong producer mad and he tried to get back at me by spreading rumors. Luckily I haven’t seen him in years, I think I last saw him at a restaurant a while back, but I don’t think he remembers me. Luckily at that point in time I had a fanbase (although it wasn’t a HUGE fanbase I still appreciated the intent). And they were there to support me, honestly I’m getting teary eyed writing this.. I still consider myself a star, even if that sounds weird. Thank you if you took the time to read this .

Ok Ms.Desmond  

• Like 1

The year reputation came out I related to so many songs off it so I guess 2017 was my reputation era

it’s ongoing. I’ve had it several times before, but I had a sh*tty breakup recently (last few days of september) and now my bandmates are ditching me (no idea why…) so i’m back in it. writing some of my most controversial lyrics ever, shading my ex and people who have wronged me, being sexy and having a second hair/beauty peak (my first was back in 2018), and talking about my reputation in detail to all of my friends. Reputation era world indeed :gaycat:

I also sometimes veer into my Unapologetic era, but November is looking pure Reputation era with occasional My December era flavors :gaycat3:

Since i dont listen to her, i dont know what u mean, but im on the constatly "idgaf" era. The world can be ending and idgaf.

11 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

Since i dont listen to her, i dont know what u mean, but im on the constatly "idgaf" era. The world can be ending and idgaf.

A reputation era can be identified as a period of time in which people’s misconceptions of you are negatively affecting your daily life. Rumors, drama, or lies spread like wildfire and almost forcibly back you into a corner, to the point where you almost find yourself locking yourself indoors and trying to build a world of your own that can’t be penetrated by outside influence.

In Taylor’s case it was a secret budding private romance amidst the chaos and turmoil of her public persona, but in the relatable sense it could be discovering new facets, skills, hobbies, or talents of yourself from a creative standpoint and finally growing or developing as a person -even though- you may be actively suffering in your romantic or professional life. 

1 minute ago, PoisonedIvy said:

A reputation era can be identified as a period of time in which people’s misconceptions of you are negatively affecting your daily life. Rumors, drama, or lies spread like wildfire and almost forcibly back you into a corner, to the point where you almost find yourself locking yourself indoors and trying to build a world of your own that can’t be penetrated by outside influence.

In Taylor’s case it was a secret budding private romance amidst the chaos and turmoil of her public persona, but in the relatable sense it could be discovering new facets, skills, hobbies, or talents of yourself from a creative standpoint and finally growing or developing as a person -even though- you may be actively suffering in your romantic or professional life. 

People talk bad about me my whole lofe, so I guess?

1 minute ago, Antikythera said:

People talk bad about me my whole lofe, so I guess?

There has to be growth happening internally that counterbalances the destruction happening externally, in order for the reputation era to be achieved. Visualize planting a tree amidst ash-ridden soil of scorched earth that suffered from a forest fire. It’s about resilience in the face of obstruction! 

• ATRL Moderator

Yeah, incidentally shortly after rep was released (genuinely not intentional) It royally sucked and lasted like a year and a half:rip: Went from having a strong position in an organization and wide network of friends to... well, not. The rumors and toxicity were not fun to deal with. Only major difference being that I didn't have a nice partner to help, but I did have a few wonderful friends who are still very close to me :heart:

I had mine before reputation was released. People talked all kind of **** about me. 

It got so bad that even my parents were getting worried. :rip:

Fortunately I proved everyone wrong, finished my studies and slayed my master's degree to the point where I even got offered a research position. 

Yes in 12th grade, it was a nightmare :thing: But as difficult and humiliating as that year was, I also found happiness afterwards, like Taylor with Joe :thing: The next two years were the best of my entire life :jonny5:

Yeah, pretty much in highschool. My brother had an awful reputation and that spread down to me basically 

Yeah ironically it was the same year as Reputation, I hit rock bottom and my reputation was in shambles with family and friends. Fortunately I cleaned up pretty good by the middle of the year

my rep era coincided with the album release, I was so messy, drinking a lot, and gaining weight :doc: then I turned things around in 2020 when my folklore era started

16 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I thought it was literally living up to your reputation and becoming the horrible person people think you are. Whether that's the real you or an act.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.