STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

HDD: Levitating 11M, DSN 8M, FN 4M

mystery

HDD: DUA ANNOUNCES HER NEXT MAGIC TRICK

Warner's Dua Lipa has announced the first single of what fans are calling her "DL3" era. "Houdini" will drop next Thursday, 11/9, at 4pm PT.

Aside from "Dance the Night," Lipa's contribution to the Barbie soundtrack, the 2019 Grammy winner for Best New Artist has yet to release a solo, non-ST single since June 2021's "Love Again," from Future Nostalgia, the U.K. export's 2020 sophomore set and sixth-most-streamed album in Spotify history, with 10b+. Lipa's 2017 self-titled debut LP ranks fifth.

Future Nostalgia's ATD is approaching 4m. Singles "Levitating" and "Don't Start Now" have crossed 11m and 8m units, respectively.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Axelios

• Mystic Boy

• gotportugal

• family.guy123

the absolute smashery, the intense hitmaking, the raw talent .. :jonny:

Oh ****! Warner get to work

to think some people still gonna say she's yet to "make it"

Future Nostalgia flop US album -> goes on to near 4M sales and so far is still the best-selling female album of the decade (i'm assuming folklore and midnights arent there yet but if they are oops)

Edited by gotportugal
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Future Nostalgia flop US album -> goes on to near 4M sales and so far is still the best-selling female album of the decade (i'm assuming folklore and midnights arent there yet but if they are oops)

Folklore passed 4M in early 2023 and Midnights passed 6M in early October 2023 and is headed for 7M

4 minutes ago, Sweeftie13 said:

Folklore passed 4M in early 2023 and Midnights passed 6M in early October 2023 and is headed for 7M

ofc they are why doubt Taylor Swift on album sales :monkey:

Shes about to have two diamond singles from the same album omg. 

Very solid figures, FN's units are very impressive tbh.

11m units in 3 years is WILD. It's giving 18x platinum by the end of the decade.

• Confused 1

These are US numbers right? 
cause DSN feels like a 20M unit seller 

And people are unironically calling her a "faceless" pop star with "no fanbase" :toofunny3:

Just because she doesn't have a army of screaming Twitter stans doesn't mean she has no fanbase. Adele didn't have that either and look how successful she's been. On the other hand you have artists like Normani and Ice Spice having HUGE Twitter followings yet they're mostly flops, especially when it comes to their solo material.

Conclusion: obsessed Twitter stans are not the only way to establish who has or doesn't have a "fanbase". The numbers speaks for themselves, you can't have numbers like that only through payola or being "faceless".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Future Nostalgia era was such a breath of fresh air. Pop girls were getting kinda boring, but Dua managed to give the gays what we want - even with COVID doing the most to stop her.  I'm glad it was such a success for her and I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next :clap3:

I didn’t know the album was 4x Platinum. That’s actually very impressive 

4 hours ago, KOMH said:

The album going 4x platinum in this climate is incredible

4 hours ago, houdini said:

Shes about to have two diamond singles from the same album omg. 

3 hours ago, Katy V.! said:

11m units in 3 years is WILD. It's giving 18x platinum by the end of the decade.

2 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I didn’t know the album was 4x Platinum. That’s actually very impressive 

These are HDD's units, RIAA's are always lower.

• Thumbs Down 3

3 hours ago, Hurem said:

Pop girls were getting kinda boring,

and this has changed how?  I'm not a fan of any of the Top 10.  None of SZA's stuff, not CS, not Miley or Selena.  It's all just kinda blah.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.