Do you tip your drivers(lyft, uber, etc.)

fememeist

Inspired by the do you tip your food delivery drivers thread, do you tip your drivers for transportation? 

Absolutely.

I also always tip the food delivery person (though with them I am a tiny bit more stingy and tip something small because most of the food I do order is near where I live anyway so it's not that far a drive for them or much effort so the tip reflects that I think). 

Yes because at one point I did drive Uber/Lyft.

If you have CASH on you tbh give that instead of the app so they won't get taxed on it.

Edited by LCTV

Yes once I tipped 2500 dollars to a working mom so she could buy groceries for her family for a week

• Thanks 1

For food delivery drivers I tip $5-10, but I never tip for Ubers/Lyfts :rip: 

Edited by Big Bad Wolf

No I drive most of the time and when I do use an uber it's already overpriced anyways 

I only used these services a few months ago when the person who always drives me car broke down and I'd tip just $1 :rip:

I'm new to tipping culture and still don't understand it so don't judge

Uhm I drive myself i haven't used an uber in like 6 yrs

Edited by Insanity

Yes. I feel bad if I don’t! 

32 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

For food delivery drivers I tip $5-10, but I never tip for Ubers/Lyfts :rip: 

LMAO tell me why this is my reasoning too… I have Lyft monthly membership thinking it would be better and provide drivers with more pay, but maybe that’s just myself convincing otherwise. The only justification I have is that I don’t have my license, and lyfting is my main source of transportation with work and daily tasks. You can imagine how expensive that gets, especially in regards to my income, about 15-20% time of my paycheck goes to just that.

Edited by fememeist

• ATRL Moderator

No, I don’t tip period. 

• Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

No, I don’t tip period. 

In any setting? What if you were to have someone serve you at a restaurant?

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, The Closer said:

In any setting? What if you were to have someone serve you at a restaurant?

Yes

Of course, I'm not an entitled prick and think people should be paid for their work :gaycatx:

• Thanks 2

No. I usually don’t tip for Uber - it’s already astronomically overpriced here anyway and I never do food delivery because I cook at home.

Only in restaurants where the service has been great - then, after paying my bill, I will walk up to my waiter, give at least 10% in cash and tell that it’s specifically for him/her, to put it in the pocket. I also tip my bartenders in bars where I go often. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Of course, I'm not an entitled prick and think people should be paid for their work :gaycatx:

100% this

can’t imagine trying to justify pure selfishness. 

• Like 1

No. Maybe I would if they opened the door for me.

IDK. I do tip other services though like food delivery, waiters, salons-nails/eyelash/wax/hair etc at least 20%, less, if their work or attitude sucked.

1 hour ago, katyberry said:

I only used these services a few months ago when the person who always drives me car broke down and I'd tip just $1 :rip:

I'm new to tipping culture and still don't understand it so don't judge

Something small is infinitely better than nothing. :giraffe:

• Like 1

YES. My mom (a single mother) had to make extra money at one point and started doing Uber and the tips really helped her and what made it worth it. Please tip your drivers. It helps them more than you know.

• Like 1

yes, im not a swiftie 

3bGN.gif.0c5f547482b8f83a532879fc94164b4

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.