What is your favorite animated movie of all time ?

MoonGoodandHappy

What is your favorite animated movie of all time ? :alexz2:

When I was little it used to be Ratatouille

When I was in my early teens, How To Train Your Dragon 2 

Late teens it was Treasure Planet

Now in my mid 20s, Puss in Boots The Last Wish 

:smile:

MV5-BOWNj-Mjgy-Nm-Mt-NWMz-ZC00-Yj-I4-LWI

The Prince of Egypt baby.

The most evocative and powerful animated film I've ever seen. A breathtaking experience when I first watched it as a kid, then as a teenager, and now as an adult. The beautiful animation with its use of hand-drawn 2D really fleshes out the characters, and brings a heart to everything - culimating in the scene with the parting of the Red Sea. Speaking of characters, rather than emphasizing the religious aspects, the story chooses to ground itself with the relationship of the two brothers, and like Moses discovering his inner hero -- someone who won't tolerate cruelty or tyranny -- the film inspires the viewer to be more empathic with others as well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Capris Groove said:

MV5-BOWNj-Mjgy-Nm-Mt-NWMz-ZC00-Yj-I4-LWI

The Prince of Egypt baby.

The most evocative and powerful animated film I've ever seen. A breathtaking experience when I first watched it as a kid, then as a teenager, and now as an adult. The beautiful animation with its use of hand-drawn 2D really fleshes out the characters, and brings a heart to everything - culimating in the scene with the parting of the Red Sea. Speaking of characters, rather than emphasizing the religious aspects, the story chooses to ground itself with the relationship of the two brothers, and like Moses discovering his inner hero -- someone who won't tolerate cruelty or tyranny -- the film inspires the viewer to be more empathic with others as well.

I couldn't agree more, seriously think it is one of the best films of all time.

• Like 1

Used to be the Disney Princess movies but it's Precure now. The first DX All Stars  > 

:heart:

Chicken Run

El Dorado 

underrated gems

My all time favorites are The Little Prince and Brave. I like Howl’s Moving Castle for its score and Puss In Boots: The Last Wish for its flawless storytelling.

Xena and Hercules against the evil Gods of Mount Olympus 

Quote your momma 🎙️

Toy Story 4 blew away my expectations and I consider it one of my favorite movies of all time. I haven't been a fan of Pixar's more recent movies but I loved that movie so much. :'(

Paprika is definitely up there. Satoshi Kon is an absolute genius, and, if I remember correctly, Christopher Nolan said he was inspired by Paprika for Nolan's movie Inception. It's definitely not a kids' movie, and I don't know if watching it high will enhance the experience or make you really paranoid, haha. 

Edited by zasderfght

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.