Does Taylor deserve jail for not putting "cardigan" in The Eras film?

naval23

Performing all these deep cuts of folklore and Midnights but not even cardigan?!

She made other questionable choices but cardigan being ignored like that was dirty

She nailed the choices with evermore - tolerate it and champagne problems were amazing choices

Performing 1 song from her magnum opus Speak Now and multiple from self-titled :rip:

No State of Grace or Getaway Car and Bad Blood over Wildest Dreams?!

Still loved the film!

• Like 3

Yes! Cardigan is her best lead single ever and deserves a spot in the movie :mad:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

Yes. But i think the "home video- streaming service " version will be integral. In the trailer you can clearly see Long Live performance and it's not in the movie too. 

On Netflix or whatever It's not a problem if something is 4 hours long. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, BtDecember said:

Yes! Cardigan is her best lead single ever and deserves a spot in the movie :mad:

I was looking forward to it so much during the folklore set and to see all those deep cuts and then just phase to Midnights was just :rip:

1 minute ago, naval23 said:

I was looking forward to it so much during the folklore set and to see all those deep cuts and then just phase to Midnights was just :rip:

I don't get why she just can't squeeze one more song or remove Mastermind or Tolerate It :giraffe:

Lock her up and throw the key!

1 minute ago, naval23 said:

I think She made a cinematic choice. Tolerate It is not an hit but has a strong visual performance. Long live was eliminated cause there are already 10 minutes of all too well and it's a similar performance. 

Cardigan performance has "nothing special". Between the folklore act numbers is the most simple. My years richochet is not that famous but has great visuals, cardigan has not. 

Always for this reason all midnights was there cause every song has coreographies and strong visuals.

Wildest Dreams anyways deserves to be there, i mean the cut of the Song in the tour Is like 2 minutes long so i don't think 2h48 and not 2h46 would have changed anything. For cinemas It would have been anyways a 3 hours block of a movie. 

@naval23 i read again your message and seems like you don't know the setlist of the tour.

So cardigan is on the tour, and WD too (getaway car and state of grace are not).

Other songs She cut off are the Archer, a duet with Haim on Evernore act (no body no crime) and long live in the speak now act.

Edited by vale9001

No because she’s clearly done it so she can add an extra 0 for the extended edition’s streaming rights…

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

@naval23 i read again your message and seems like you don't know the setlist of the tour.

So cardigan is on the tour, and WD too (getaway car and state of grace are not).

Other songs She cut off are the Archer, a duet with Haim on Evernore act (no body no crime) and long live in the speak now act.

I'm talking about the movie.

If she performs it on tour, she made a decision to cut it off in the film

yes but I understand WHY she cut it. The shot of MTR ending filmed from the stage with her back to the crowd was a great moment to end the Folklore act.

Similarly, the Willow spoken intro was a good way to open the Evermore act AND NBNC was only performed on less than 20% of the total concerts so it's not really representative of the show most people got.

The Archer is another performance where she just walks around and sings and that's probably why it also got cut. Long Live stung a bit cause it's THEE one song dedicated to the fans but then again the performance is kind of long and pretty static and it's better to just cut the whole thing than to leave a 2min edit of it tbh.

Wildest Dreams was the most surprising song to get axed from the film to me as it's very well known and the performance leaves room for SIO & BB to hit harder with energy but I bet her/the director's train of thought was that after the slower Folklore set the last 2 acts of the movie should aim for higher energy.

Mastermind remains the one dud on the tour tbh as the song doesnt really go anywhere and the performance is kinda of stale.

7 minutes ago, naval23 said:

I'm talking about the movie.

If she performs it on tour, she made a decision to cut it off in the film

Yeah but you wrote no state of grace, no getaway car. They are never been in the tour so i supposed you didn't know the setlist.

At least you didn't mean as Surprise songs. Well i think putting a song from debut album Is a good choice, at least One.

As piano song yeah i would choice differently. Most beautiful piano renditions are songs with an open beautiful melody like state of grace as you said, while i love you're on your own kid It's not this strong in this rendition .

Edited by vale9001

Yes!

However I assume she is just doing this to negotiate streaming deals lol. I’m okay with it if that’s the case. If she doesn’t include Cardigan, The Archer, Wildest Dreams… we are gonna have some problems

Only reason I didn’t go see the film, she took out my favorite song. However, I was fortunate enough to see Cardigod live so

:coffee2:

Hopefully we get Eras Tour Film (Taylor’s Version) [Extended Edition]

We're obviously getting a director's cut version because she's a Businesswoman. 

lock her up and throw away the key (2)

when i catch her in real life, this is the questions i ask her

what the hell you were thinking.

Betty was right there

maybe she will do an extended cut for the streaming/bluray release

she is a capitalist queen after all  :gaycatney1:

she will deserve jail if we dont get a any bts footage and cute packaging for the home release tho :ryan3:

She's obviously going to release an extended cut of the Eras film someday that will include this lol

4 hours ago, naval23 said:

If you went straight from the folklore set to Midnights without having 1989 and surprise songs, it's time to ask for a refund 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.