Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

rehceeb

checked this out for danny l and it's good song somehow but i just HATE the nu-disco sound

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• KatyPrismSpirit

• katara

• unclefloprry

8 minutes ago, roggenpierre said:

Both "Rush" and especially "Got Me Started" were for sure very expensive. No small budget in sight :biblionny:

I actually chatted with the director, the budget for "Rush" was snot big at all, but if you have will and motivation and talent you can make great things.

Thats why Padam video looks like absolute rubbish, with wrong color correction, red layer on a floor covering dancers legs etc.

The director has a name, she took the money and the rest was just lazy post production.

"Houdini" is good, would look amazing as 30 seconds commercial or additional dance video for the single, but for me personally there is nothing that interesting which would be worth of the lead video from one of the biggest pop star at the moment, which Dua is.

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 1

Apple Music Overall

#2 [=] - Brazil

#10 [+27] - Netherlands

#22 [+33] - Belgium
#26 [+8] - New Zealand

#34 [+53] - Spain

#47 [+54] - Italy

#48 [+72] - Germany

#49 [+84] - France
#56 [+16] - Australia
#68 [+2] - Mexico

Numbers are numbering:duca:

6 minutes ago, kalli said:

praying this somehow becomes her flowers

:ryan3:

We don't need an Endless Summer Vacation though 

:ryan3:

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, khalyan said:

The Houdini video is better than any Troye video I’m sorry

were you hacked or sth? all those snarky replies... and no, it definitely isn't. :skull: 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

QueenofCopyPaste
29 minutes ago, xicnx said:

Since last update

Apple Music Pop
#1[+0] - Brazil 🏆
#2[+0] - Mexico
#2[+3] - Spain
#4[+3] - France
#6[+21] - Netherlands
#7[+8] - Belgium
#8[+26] - UK
#13[+15] - Germany
#15[+18] - Italy
#18[+7] - NewZealand

#32[+11] - Australia
#53[+5] - Canada
#85[+9] - US

The demand is there yep:clap3:

Its just POP? 

How bout in General

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Frozen99 said:

were you hacked or sth? all those snarky replies... and no, it definitely isn't. :skull: 

Not a clearly stated opinion being “snarky” now :skull: 

Love how she already broke her YT record and can still build to a bigger number :clap3: 

• Thumbs Down 1

Not sure if they even do radio deals in Canada but this is being played at least one an hour but kinda twice an hour I think every 40 minutes on virgin radio. 

4 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Its just POP? 

How bout in General

6 minutes ago, xicnx said:

Apple Music Overall

#2 [=] - Brazil

#10 [+27] - Netherlands

#22 [+33] - Belgium
#26 [+8] - New Zealand

#34 [+53] - Spain

#47 [+54] - Italy

#48 [+72] - Germany

#49 [+84] - France
#56 [+16] - Australia
#68 [+2] - Mexico

Numbers are numbering:duca:

1 minute ago, khalyan said:

Not a clearly stated opinion being “snarky” now :skull: 

i obviously didn't mean just this one reply. :skull: she's just dancing in front of mirrors, troye's vids actually had storylines, locations and on a lower budget... but to each their own.

8 minutes ago, Miss Harajuku said:

is this jack harlow song a real threat…(genuinely asking) :dancehall:

I genuinely can’t tell :deadbanana: his YT video is doing horribly but the song is VERY viral on tiktok so who knows really

Just now, Navyofbadgals said:

I genuinely can’t tell :deadbanana: his YT video is doing horribly but the song is VERY viral on tiktok so who knows really

Tiktok has really ruined music industry, all you have to make is catchy chorus and boom, it’s viral. Needs to be banned from US!

I'm so confused why Troye's videos are even being brought up :deadbanana: Did you guys watch Houdini and think she was trying to do what Rush did?

After the maximalist, bright, colourful, effects filled videos of FN, she wanted a minimalistic video that really sets this era's aesthetic apart. It's just Dua at her most confident, dancing while looking hot. It's classy af and very replayable.

Ya Jack may be a threat... in the UK? But doesn't she have physicals + we need to see how her #s are in streaming the next few days. Hopefully her massive You Tube etc..can counter whatever he may end up doing. 

2 minutes ago, _Fey said:

I'm so confused why Troye's videos are even being brought up :deadbanana: Did you guys watch Houdini and think she was trying to do what Rush did?

After the maximalist, bright, colourful, effects filled videos of FN, she wanted a minimalistic video that really sets this era's aesthetic apart. It's just Dua at her most confident, dancing while looking hot. It's classy af and very replayable.

If you would read the conversation you would know "Rush" was brought up as an example of the video with not big budget but great final outcome, which doesnt apply for "Houdini"

Meryl Streep GIF by PeacockTV

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Tiktok has really ruined music industry, all you have to make is catchy chorus and boom, it’s viral. Needs to be banned from US!

THIS !

53 minutes ago, mike_int said:

"Physical" was very much sponsored by Pepe Jeans London brand since Dua had a collection of colorful jeans with them and it was practically a promo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7_FPtpKiEO/?hl=en&img_index=6

I know?

What I meant is I don't think having to switch between Training Season and Houdini had something to do with the music video. Judging by the 'aesthetic' of this era it seems like they aimed for something like that since the start instead of going with a video full of different scenarios, visuals and a story lines

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

I also did not understand the Troye comparison or why it's so controversial in a Dua Lipa thread to say Dua Lipa has a good video? :toofunny2:

1 minute ago, mike_int said:

If you would read the conversation you would know "Rush" was brought up as an example of the video with not big budget but great final outcome, which doesnt apply for "Houdini"

Meryl Streep GIF by PeacockTV

What does the budget have to do with anything? 💀 Rush's music video and Houdini's music video are going for two very different ideas.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.