Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

rehceeb

4 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

OOOMMMGGG you guys i wonder in which world are you living 

This is not 2012 where music videos were huge and they were investing half of their campaign on music videos and live performances ( see Katy Perry ) 

Now all that matters is radio , Spotify,  AM and TikTok 

The video is perfect for tiktokers and influencers ( dancers and not ) to copy paste and to make it huge 

If there were fireballs and dragons Dua cutting a person in half in a box nobody ( serious ) would do that stuff :rip:

This. Nobody checks for videos like that anymore and choreo videos are good in parties and have dancers practicing and following the choreo.

song is already a hit in this measure

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• KatyPrismSpirit

• katara

• unclefloprry

16 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

I actually love this! Does anybody else think it has quite a sinister sound to it? It reminds me a bit of Thriller at times. 

Not Dua delivering a future Halloween playlist staple.

spacer.png

It’s the Italo Disco influence and synths

i live for it

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 4

The only person who probably still spends tons of money on music videos is Taylor Swift, and she doesn’t even need any of them lol (and the videos are all choices, like Karma).

I loved the dynamic of Houdini video. Very fun to watch and people probably will emulate it a lot on Tik Tok, which is part of the success formula of a song today.

spacer.png

the song is awesome, i love the synths! idk where ppl get disco from, it's synth-pop. "Maybe you could be the one to make me stay-y-y-y-y" the stay's at the end are giving me COADF madge voice :jonny5:

on the other hand, the video is atrocious, doesn't fit the song at all, feels like a video for a 3rd/4th single (which is an offense to love again whose video is great). i'd have rather seen her in a 1920s setting in a hotel, disappearing while dating or sth. i guess a magician theme would've been too on the nose but this low-budget hung up vid isn't doing it for me.

i thought she was filming on a location outside of a studio, where's that footage?

3 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

the song is awesome, i love the synths! idk where ppl get disco from, it's synth-pop. "Maybe you could be the one to make me stay-y-y-y-y" the stay's at the end are giving me COADF madge voice :jonny5:

on the other hand, the video is atrocious, doesn't fit the song at all, feels like a video for a 3rd/4th single (which is an offense to love again whose video is great). i'd have rather seen her in a 1920s setting in a hotel, disappearing while dating or sth. i guess a magician theme would've been too on the nose but this low-budget hung up vid isn't doing it for me.

Right on point.

• Thanks 1

Song is very good, and will be even better with repeated listens. :heart:  Cannot wait for the album, hope we'll know soon when it's coming. 

3 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

i thought she was filming on a location outside of a studio, where's that footage?

Most likely for another song.

• Thanks 1

I come and I go

Tell me all the ways you need me 

I’m not here for long 

Catch me or I go Houdini 

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, Babar2009 said:

It’s like a weak version of hung up

Your a one pump. Chump

• Haha 2

US Apple Music Pop

#94[+53] Houdini, the threshold to enter top 200 of the overall chart is 24:duca:

Edited by xicnx

The song is so fantastic. It's still getting better after every listen :jonny2:

The MV is cute, especially the last minute. Ofc I would've preferred a MV with a storyline, but it's fine really.

• Like 1

The YouTube views are really unexpected wow :clap3:is it becoming the new Flowers ?

5 minutes ago, xicnx said:

US Apple Music Pop

#94[+53] Houdini, the threshold to enter top 200 of the overall chart is 24:duca:

#86 UK AM

And so it starts ....

1 minute ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

The YouTube views are really unexpected wow :clap3:is it becoming the new Flowers ?

Hm this idk 

Flowers was very GP friendly 

This one is more for the hardcore pop music lovers 

But hopefully Dua will prove me wrong 

43 minutes ago, Babar2009 said:

It’s like a weak version of hung up

Your a one pump. Chump

1 minute ago, lef said:

7m views in 13 hours and some people here had the audacity to say that she isn't MPG yet:ahh:

I'm loving some reactions! People can't say it's a bad song or that she doesn't love being a popstar so the non sense arguments starts :foxaylove2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.