• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• KatyPrismSpirit

• katara

• unclefloprry

18 minutes ago, EarthJang said:

Just watched the mv, where is the budget :rip:

The music video is perfect.  What do you want ? Dua on a dragon fighting with an enormous snake, levitating in the air and throw fireball to some creatures ? It would big budget but would make 0 sense. Love that music video.

Edited by MoonGoodandHappy
  • Like 3

This is one of those that are simple but beyond catchy. The instrumental is giving amateur 80s new wave (non-derogatory) at times which is not that much of a change from FN, but I don't think that's bad thing. EU radio is about to eat this up imo. I'm more interested in the rest of the album than the lead which was always gonna be something safe.   

5 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Not Axel F being in here :deadbanana4:

The downfall of western MVs on YouTube need to be studied for real

5 hours ago, Goaty said:

Off topic but Axel F has 4 billion views?? :hoetenks:

video has been huge for years.

It's a bit underwhelming after the excellence of Don't Start Now and Physical,

but that was to be expected. I've already forgotten what it sounds like tbh :skull: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

The music video is perfect.  What do you want ? Dua on a dragon fighting with an enormous snake, levitating in the air and throw fireball to some creatures ? It would big budget but would make 0 sense. Love that music video.

Good for you

welcome to her Confessions on a Dance Floor era, this's her Hung Up :gaydonnacat1:

27 minutes ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

The music video is okay but she could have gone much harder on the Houdini concept

The Break My Heart video served amazing visuals that would have fit this song really well 

32 minutes ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

Do you know who the illusionist and escape king Houdini was? The music video makes absolutely no sense at all. They had so much potential. It's like watching a school project of making an unispiring video for Madonna's Hung Up without any budget. That hair colour is something women in their 50s do when the wallet is empty. The song itself is one of the best pop songs this year.

Edited by JBB

31 minutes ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

Why is your argument that a big budget wouldn’t make sense/be on theme? The song is literally named after a magician, would have been the perfect opportunity to do balls-to-the-wall optical illusions/a magic aesthetic/storyline, the visuals could have really served with a bigger budget. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

USA and LatAm are waking up, so it's time for first read:

Spoiler

6.0 - 6.5m unfiltered streams on Spotify

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

while mv is dissapointing, I really like the single and since it seems like they switched last minute they probably have bigger video for TS

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, popmusic said:

Hide contents

OMG we wish 😭

6 minutes ago, popmusic said:

Reveal hidden contents

GAG CITY!!?!

I actually love this! Does anybody else think it has quite a sinister sound to it? It reminds me a bit of Thriller at times. 

Not Dua delivering a future Halloween playlist staple.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, popmusic said:

Hide contents

Please let this happen...

It's cute and it'll be a hit but she always plays it safe. :zzz:

• Thumbs Down 4

10 minutes ago, JBB said:

Do you know who the illusionist and escape king Houdini was? The music video makes absolutely no sense at all. They had so much potential. It's like watching a school project of making an unispiring video for Madonna's Hung Up without any budget. That hair colour is something women in their 50s do when the wallet is empty. The song itself is one of the best pop songs this year.

9 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Why is your argument that a big budget wouldn’t make sense/be on theme? The song is literally named after a magician, would have been the perfect opportunity to do balls-to-the-wall optical illusions/a magic aesthetic/storyline, the visuals could have really served with a bigger budget. 

OOOMMMGGG you guys i wonder in which world are you living 

This is not 2012 where music videos were huge and they were investing half of their campaign on music videos and live performances ( see Katy Perry ) 

Now all that matters is radio , Spotify,  AM and TikTok 

The video is perfect for tiktokers and influencers ( dancers and not ) to copy paste and to make it huge 

If there were fireballs and dragons Dua cutting a person in half in a box nobody ( serious ) would do that stuff :rip:

• Like 2

If this actually goes top 3 on Spotify Global I will be tagging SEVERAL members :fan:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.