Who is the more Iconic Sakura?

FailSafe

Morw Iconic   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who

The one with beautiful gowns 

IDK who the first girl is. I mean, she could be walking down the street, I wouldn't. Sorry to this girl.

• Like 2

Miss Card Captor, of course. 

the global, legendary mother sakura haruno :cm: 

the LGBT icon Cardcaptor Sakura of course

Y’all can’t be serious, it’s Sakura Haruno by a long shot.

Card Captors might be “remembered” by everyone who saw it at the time (me included) but there is NO multigenerational appeal. Meanwhile Naruto is one of the biggest manga/anime franchises of all time in the echelon of Dragon Ball Z and One Piece, not to mention the -current- iteration by way of Boruto in which Sakura Haruno is a character -still- being exposed to younger audiences on top of the audience that viewed her for basically 1000 episodes of the original series run + Shippuden. 

• Thanks 1

cardcaptor is a niche legend, Haruno is like the mcdonald's in comparison

On 10/30/2023 at 10:39 AM, PoisonedIvy said:

Y’all can’t be serious, it’s Sakura Haruno by a long shot.

Card Captors might be “remembered” by everyone who saw it at the time (me included) but there is NO multigenerational appeal. Meanwhile Naruto is one of the biggest manga/anime franchises of all time in the echelon of Dragon Ball Z and One Piece, not to mention the -current- iteration by way of Boruto in which Sakura Haruno is a character -still- being exposed to younger audiences on top of the audience that viewed her for basically 1000 episodes of the original series run + Shippuden. 

I've rewatched Haruno's Sasori fight at least 10 times in full, I've watched her compilations on YouTube, I've watched her cuts from the Boruto episodes

At the end of the day, she's a showcase of a sexist mangaka who failed to create female characters with a real arc or true emotional depth. The only redeeming quality about Sakura is thinking of how much better she deserved. When you consider how she's the most developed female character of the 11, it honestly gets even more grim. That anime produced exactly one worthwhile female character, and it's Sakura's mentor Tsunade, ironically

If anything, Sakura taught a whole generation of anime dudes that women are annoying. I've seen Naruto fans discuss Sakura in particular, and it's... Disgusting, lmao. This isn't even a thing of all the big anime; One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia, etc all do a better job at this.

Sakura's best showing pre-timeskip was in a movie that wasn't written by the original maker, THAT'S how bad he is at it

Sarada vs PTS Sakura ( movie 3)-Hello wonderful people of AA. As you saw the post's name I wanted to see who would win agains

Edited by kataraqueen

2 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

cardcaptor is a niche legend, Haruno is like the mcdonald's in comparison

I've rewatched Haruno's Sasori fight at least 10 times in full, I've watched her compilations on YouTube, I've watched her cuts from the Boruto episodes

At the end of the day, she's a showcase of a sexist mangaka who failed to create female characters with a real arc or true emotional depth. The only redeeming quality about Sakura is thinking of how much better she deserved. When you consider how she's the most developed female character of the 11, it honestly gets even more grim. That anime produced exactly one worthwhile female character, and it's Sakura's mentor Tsunade, ironically

If anything, Sakura taught a whole generation of anime dudes that women are annoying. I've seen Naruto fans discuss Sakura in particular, and it's... Disgusting, lmao. This isn't even a thing of all the big anime; One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia, etc all do a better job at this.

Sakura's best showing pre-timeskip was in a movie that wasn't written by the original maker, THAT'S how bad he is at it

Sarada vs PTS Sakura ( movie 3)-Hello wonderful people of AA. As you saw the post's name I wanted to see who would win agains

I agree Sakura and ALL the kunoichi were mishandled by the creator, and you make a ton of points I agree with — but DBZ has a similar problem with their women and yet I’d still say Chi Chi and Bulma are more well known than most women in anime. If the show is legendary, it doesn’t matter if the characters are well written or not — they have better odds of being remembered, which is what we’re comparing these 2 Sakuras on, not their quality as a character. :gaycat6: 

58 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I agree Sakura and ALL the kunoichi were mishandled by the creator, and you make a ton of points I agree with — but DBZ has a similar problem with their women and yet I’d still say Chi Chi and Bulma are more well known than most women in anime. If the show is legendary, it doesn’t matter if the characters are well written or not — they have better odds of being remembered, which is what we’re comparing these 2 Sakuras on, not their quality as a character. :gaycat6: 

so true. When thinking of DBZ, I thought Bulma is kinda fierce and Android 18 esp is, so I'll let it slide... but Chi Chi was truly unnecessarily mistreated :skull:

I don't know why it was slipping my mind bcs now that I've truly thought about it, the lack of any female characters to begin with is very weird. You literally have the whole universe as your playground, at least make some sort of amazonian planet or what ever :biblionny:

30 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

so true. When thinking of DBZ, I thought Bulma is kinda fierce and Android 18 esp is, so I'll let it slide... but Chi Chi was truly unnecessarily mistreated :skull:

I don't know why it was slipping my mind bcs now that I've truly thought about it, the lack of any female characters to begin with is very weird. You literally have the whole universe as your playground, at least make some sort of amazonian planet or what ever :biblionny:

Android 18 :jonny: Whew. But yeah, it’s embarrassing how badly some creators perform when creating female characters :rip:  your Amazonian planet idea would have been such a serve :gaycat6: 

Edited by PoisonedIvy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.