Night Time, My Time - Sky Ferreira | Turns 10

GraceRandolph

spacer.png

The debut studio album from singer-songwriter, model, and actress Sky Ferreira (and as of today the only studio album from the starlet) is now 10. Night Time, My Time received acclaim from critics at the time, and has since been listed among the best albums of the 2010’s. The album is regarded as one of the best ever from an alt pop girl, with palpable influence to this day. The album spawned the singles “You’re Not The One” and “I Blame Myself” along with multiple fan favorite tracks like “Nobody Asked Me (If I Was Okay)” and “24 Hours”.

The album pulled from an eclectic range of genres and influences, from electropop, grunge and indie rock, and was released after Sky completed around three or four albums worth of material. What is your favorite track from the magnum opus?

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The original Normani.

I like Everything is Embarrassing but i dont know if it is from this album

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

The original Normani.

Thats from the Ghost EP. 

9 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

The original Normani.

Sky sweetie :skull:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ugh, this album was the soundtrack to college :WAP: walking home listening to the title track at 3 am, feeling so confused about life~

I Blame Myself is still that girl. At one point I used every song as my favorite.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A 6x platinum certified hit in this household :clack:

love in stereo and  I blame myself were number one hits too :clack: 

Edited by Katamari
  • Like 1

Oh that’s not…

Spoiler

But for real this album is so good :WAP:

1 hour ago, Antikythera said:

The original Normani.

More like the white Lauryn Hill, dear

where is the 10th anniversary vinyl reissue?

I can't believe it's been 10 years :jonny3: soundtrack of that time in my life :'( 

Love this album so much but now it kinda sounds a bit dated :monkey:

1 minute ago, romas_ld said:

Love this album so much but now it kinda sounds a bit dated :monkey:

Me when I lie

• Like 1

album of life tbh :WAP:

she might never release another one or another good one, but NT,MT? this is a STONE COLD CLASSIC :clap3:

being a fan since early 2010, that day in 2013 felt like the biggest sigh of relief - she more than delivered :heart:

14 minutes ago, Revolution said:

Fxj07cjXoAEcbrG.jpg

Sky is still signed while Capitol dropped Mx. Frangipane. 

• Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 2

overrated noisy mess. only half of it is listenable and that's me being generous. the only reason why she still hasn't released a new album is because tumblr gays and pretentious critics like bitchfork overhyped this mid ass album and it got to her head so now she can't release stuff without expecting a huge budget and rollout campaign from her label like she's some mastermind genius artist when she can't sing anymore, barely writes her songs, can't act, can't even release music videos. the fact that she took so much offense and threw a fit when her label asked her to shoot the don't forget video on an iphone when everyone from gaga to olivia to selina to lanallah done that. and then she fired the video editor and scrapped the video cause she is a spoiled brat who just wants to play victim to her label without giving a **** about professionalism, her career or any of the promises she make to her 5 remaining fans. even skyfupdates dropped her. but enough about narcissistic victim playing complexes, back to night time, skip time. she was kkunt for the album cover, i'll give her that. but thank you dev hynes for everything is embarrassing and justin+ariel for the few decent tracks on this. and good luck with that masochism you speak of.

Untitled-1.thumb.gif.03a5361720734911dca6a4f20bb70cc3.gif

Edited by RideOrDie
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

You’re Not The One is one of the best songs of all time :clap3:

Argue with the wall if you disagree 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poxy said:

walking home listening to the title track at 3 am, feeling so confused about life~

You get it. I was so happy when she played the title track when I saw her in June. Faster and… fast-er :jonny:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.