Is Cars the most important Pixar movie ever?

Hiatus

Hey. So as we all know, in 2006 Pixar released Cars which was met with mixed reception. The movie's main message is that chasing commerical success just for the sake of it, is a recipe for disaster. Eventually everyone forgets about you. What really matters, are your actions. That is what people will remember when it's all said and done. 

This movie was a direct criticism of Hollywood, showbiz and the hustle culture of modern times. Ironic, soulful, blunt.

Is this the most important movie Pixar has ever produced? 

cars_radiator.jpg?format=1000w

I was literally just thinking about this movie this morning wondering why no one seems to talk about it anymore :rip: I remember it being a big thing but it feels forgotten to me

Pixar movie releases used to feel like big events, nowadays not so much. I don’t think this one is forgotten but it’s definitely aimed at kids more than at adults

Yes, because they ruined everything cars 1 established with cars 2

Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc >>>

most of the older Pixar films hold deep meanings frfr.

Edited by Devin
  • Like 1

I loved Cars, and to this day I don't get the stupid criticism that mostly comes from millenials thinking the plot is just too crazy.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bentendo said:

Pixar movie releases used to feel like big events, nowadays not so much. I don’t think this one is forgotten but it’s definitely aimed at kids more than at adults

This one actually had a lot of adult humor in it. His Mazda stans literally flash him with their headlights IE flash their boobs at him. And there's the stoner car hehe

• ATRL Moderator

I love the first Cars movie. It does a great job telling the story about how hollow chasing fame is. 

But, Ratatouille is Pixar’s best movie. :-* 

Not when Toy Story 1-3, Finding Nemo, Up and Coco exist sweaty.

Cars (first instalment) was cute but it's always been at the lower cut for Pixar.

EDIT: Actually, Wall-E is probably the most important and poignant Pixar movie.

Edited by Jack!
  • Like 1

This movie gets way too much hate. I love its message on embracing the simple parts of life and I'm a sucker for Route 66 and Americana.

Also, it gave us Cars Land, which is one of the best decisions Disney has ever made for California Adventure.

Remember watching it in theaters specifically the "Life Is A Highway Part". Lindsay Lohan's Herbie was more memorable as a little kid tho. :cm:

not even, a Bug’s Life is literally right there and unmatched groundbreaking at the time. 

lmao no. In fact, it is at Pixar's bottom (all 3 of them actually). Perhaps it's the most important film for Pixar if we're talking about money, given the amount of cash they still get for merchandising.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.