• Red TV
    • Speak Now TV
    • 1989 TV
  2. 2. Least botched

• Fearless TV
    • Red TV
    • Speak Now TV
    • 1989 TV

Pop Base on X: "What is your favorite cover from Taylor Swift's re-recorded  albums? https://t.co/IJTKiJffwb" / X

Which re-recording would you reckon is the most and least botched, i.e. unfaithful to the original and difficult to listen to and the opposite. Let's discuss :matty:

Edited by KOMH

Most Botched: 1989

Less: Red

Most improved: Speak Now

Ok: Fearless

Better Vault Tracks: Red

Worst Vault Tracks: 1989

• Like 2

Fearless is objectively the most unscathed because I can’t think of a single failure on it. It’s as good as the original.

But I voted 1989 for most unbotched because I think there are several tracks that came out better than the original. 

Speak Now is the one that has the most overall issues though I still enjoy it. 

• ATRL Moderator

I wouldn’t call 1989 “botched”. I’m fine with how the re-recorded version sounds. But, I notice changes in it the most. The other rerecordings sound perfectly fine.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Personally they r all botched about equally. None I actually have ever gone back to I been streaming the OG of Fearless, Red and Speak Now lol

• Like 3

22 and Style are two songs that are botched beyond belief but then you have Last Time and Clean which sound even better than their originals so it’s difficult. Fearless sounded more or less the same whilst Speak Now was just meh 

1989tv's cover is such an aesthetic ruiner:skull:

I can't think of a bad moment on Fearless. It takes the top spot.

1989 is the worst. Most of if sounds great, but the absolute pillars of the album (Style, BS, SIO) all sound very off to me. And those are also among my favorite tracks, so unfortunately it cheapens the experience for me. :gaycat7:

None of them are really botched to me. Most of the re-recorded tracks are improvements while the rest are mostly equals. If I had to vote I’d pick Red because WANEGBT’s weee’s are too much lmao 

Least botched/most improved is definitely Fearless 

Speak Now is botched.

The others are good (1989 and Red) or great (Fearless).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.