• Badgalbriel

• CottageHore

14 hours ago, Michael196 said:

CovalentBondage

Oops.

:deadbanana4:

OT: Congrats Billionaire Swift.

:jonny6:

Taylor’s insanely talented but no one becomes a billionaire without immense exploitation of the people who work beneath them and if you’re a swiftie who’s triggered by that, go to therapy :)  facts aren’t offensive. :heart:

27 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Taylor’s insanely talented but no one becomes a billionaire without immense exploitation of the people who work beneath them and if you’re a swiftie who’s triggered by that, go to therapy :)  facts aren’t offensive. :heart:

"immense exploitation" :rip:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

53 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

And what immense exploitation did Taylor do to her workers? I wouldn't call being paid $55M in bonuses a case of exploitation but i guess in the communist utopia world nobody works for others and gets compensated with a wage. 

• Like 3

Her wealth when she finally caves into non-music merchandise will make her the most successful music artist in history.

1 hour ago, CottageHore said:

Who exactly did Taylor exploit?

Genuinely curious, because the money is literally coming from music.

• Like 1

So she was actually throwing millionaire puss at Matty Healy and has rightfully leveled up for the Billion mark

:ryan3:

oh Taylor don’t clock Azealia like that 

1 hour ago, CottageHore said:

i want to be a truck driver for taylor so i can be immensely exploited and get a 100k 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/taylor-swift-bonuses-life-changing-truck-driver-1234799876/

Edited by RideOrDie
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

52 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

i want to be a truck driver for taylor so i can be immensely exploited and get a 100k 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/taylor-swift-bonuses-life-changing-truck-driver-1234799876/

Oh shut up :ahh: I knew this was coming. This is great of her and I said that when this first came out months ago. That doesn’t absolve the fact that she’s a billionaire and you don’t acquire that level of money ethically. Not an insult, nothing to get offended by. It’s just a fact, miss Ride or Die. You’ll be ok!

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Trent W said:

Who exactly did Taylor exploit?

Genuinely curious, because the money is literally coming from music.

The majority of the money is coming from touring, not music. :rip: She’s not making billions in 15 years off streaming and physical sales or Mariah and Bey would be multi-billionaires by now.

7 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

The majority of the money is coming from touring, not music. :rip: She’s not making billions in 15 years off streaming and physical sales or Mariah and Bey would be multi-billionaires by now.

Okay but who in the tour is being exploited?

She literally donated millions to distribute between some of her truck drivers for example

You could argue that the only area is indirectly the people who do her merch, but she’s just buying from a supplier.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zzmyth said:

nice to see that breakdown.

People acting like Rihanna's 1.7B is not from music at any point.

First part is catalog. Rihanna, she owns her own masters 100% too, so the catalog portion in that Taylor breakdown is the same with Rihanna, maybe it's worth less... could be but not much less, let's say 350M$.

Second part is ticket sales and merchandise (Rihanna's tours grossed almost 500M $ in total, so she earned a well 100M $ from them easy.) and here we could put all the ventures Rihanna has/has had besides fentybeauty and savagexfenty, which include several perfumes, her book sales, puma collabs, dior collab, fenty brand, tidal, samsung, merchandising sales, etc. (easily another 100M $ appart from touring), so let's say a total of 200M $ in this second part.

Third part is Streams from spotify and youtube, Taylor might be getting more income from this, but again... it's not like Rihanna is doing poor numbers, or has bad figures at all... let's say she has at the very least half of the income (just to be on the low margin), so a total of 60M $ in this third part.

Fourth part is homes, Rihanna owns at least5 houses and they are worth around 95M $, if I'm not mistaken, appart from whatever private propperties she could have, like jewelery, cars, art, etc. So I'd say this fourth part is around the same 110M total.

Fifth part is royalties from music sales, which have been reported at at least 60M various times, so let's keep it low and leave it there too.

and then she has 50% of fentybeauty, which is worth 2.8B $ and 30% of savagexfenty, which is worth shy 1B,  So that alone is already 1.7B worth.

So, Rihanna's breakdown in these conditions that Taylor is being presented, gives a total of 780M $, WITHOUT ANY PART OF FENTYBEAUTY OR SAVAGEXFENTY.

So... whoever says she is worth nothing from music... think again...

The same way Taylor is worth much more than that... because her family already has a big wealth, and she will inherit her part in that too... which is not small.

Thank you for this breakdown. I’m not sure why Taylor’s fans can’t just congratulate her, without trying to discredit Rihanna. 

• Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, CottageHore said:

But who is she exploiting? She literally donated 75 million$+ in bonuses and food banks. 

She’s exploiting me by making me go to her tour and film and not paying me a life changing $100k :weeps: 

jk, she’s clearly gotten to this status by more ethical means than some but she is still richer than necessary so I agree she should be adequately taxed out of that and then she won’t be eaten :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.