Tyla - 'TYLA'

Alex

On 4/5/2024 at 4:43 PM, GeminiCat said:

Still holding out hope for Disco on a deluxe. 

TOD, as a single, is dead. Jump is oustreaming with ease as an album track.

I think this album has plenty of potential for multiple hits. I'm on board with Jump getting attention and a push. 

I'm just confused about what went wrong if Truth Or Dare is truly dead, as you claim. It deserves another shot. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Automatic

• Jay L

• Alex

• X~MoviePoP

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, kishi said:

I think this album has plenty of potential for multiple hits. I'm on board with Jump getting attention and a push. 

I'm just confused about what went wrong if Truth Or Dare is truly dead, as you claim. It deserves another shot. 

I personally like TOD a lot but I do remember some ppl saying they were confused by or didn't like the lyrics. It just hasn't caught on in a big way but it did get pushed. She was able to perform it live twice before her performances got shutdown (NYE and The Voice), it got a MV, decent playlisting and impacted radio. Jump doesn't have any of that (yet) and it still hit over 1 million almost instantly in comparison.

After Jump, I see them circling back to ART before they would TOD, it didn't get a fair shot to shine since Jump overshadowed and looks primed to smash. If I had to guess tho I think she releases a deluxe later this summer with brand new single. 

Poor ART :rip:

Jump is the one with the tiktok trend right? They should just promote that with a really big video. No clue why ART was thrown in as a mini single. They should have waited for fan response after Truth or Dare didn't smash. There's still time to correct course but she's being mismanaged. 

IF ANYTHING, Jump should have been the quick follow up to Water. Then, Truth or Dare as a reminder of Water without being so close to it in release. 

She has a great project but this stinks of mismanagement (her label is Epic right? This is typical of them trust me, they never know how to capitalize on hits). 

Jump is such a freaking SMASH waiting to happen. Obsessed with it!!!

Im sure her and her label are planning to push jump come May

1 hour ago, Reverse Warholian said:

The album is good! @TalkThatRihanna

Just gave it a stream, I liked it on first listen! A lot sounded the same-y, but she definitely has the IT factor :jonny4:

Butterflies & Priorities were my faves

• Like 1

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Flare said:

Jump is the one with the tiktok trend right? They should just promote that with a really big video. No clue why ART was thrown in as a mini single. They should have waited for fan response after Truth or Dare didn't smash. There's still time to correct course but she's being mismanaged. 

IF ANYTHING, Jump should have been the quick follow up to Water. Then, Truth or Dare as a reminder of Water without being so close to it in release. 

She has a great project but this stinks of mismanagement (her label is Epic right? This is typical of them trust me, they never know how to capitalize on hits). 

I'm wondering if Jump wasn't ready (w/ features and all) by the time "Water" needed a follow up.  

She was in Jamaica recording something when the mini EP was about to drop.

Also, she mentioned that the original version of album had no features…and most of them came in at last min.  

*edit*

Yeah she did this one in Jamaica.  

Edited by professor2000
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, GeminiCat said:

I personally like TOD a lot but I do remember some ppl saying they were confused by or didn't like the lyrics. It just hasn't caught on in a big way but it did get pushed. She was able to perform it live twice before her performances got shutdown (NYE and The Voice), it got a MV, decent playlisting and impacted radio. Jump doesn't have any of that (yet) and it still hit over 1 million almost instantly in comparison.

After Jump, I see them circling back to ART before they would TOD, it didn't get a fair shot to shine since Jump overshadowed and looks primed to smash. If I had to guess tho I think she releases a deluxe later this summer with brand new single. 

14 hours ago, Flare said:

TOD did get a push. Just hoped it would be bigger.

But giving ART the spotlight seems to just be just for the album release. Jump is the stronger choice.

Someone asked for promotions :cm:

10 minutes ago, Adama said:

She'd better perform a medley of ART/JUMP:WAP:

2 hours ago, Adama said:

This will be the test to see if she can still dance currently 

I'm expecting a performance of ART with very minimal choreo but I would love to be proven wrong :lakitu:

8 minutes ago, Automatic said:

I'm expecting a performance of ART with very minimal choreo but I would love to be proven wrong :lakitu:

It would be crazy if she snubbed jump when it's literally begging to be pushed as a single. 

16 minutes ago, Sex with Rih said:

It would be crazy if she snubbed jump when it's literally begging to be pushed as a single. 

I definitely agree with you. I really want a performance of Jump but knowing how her team moves, I refuse to set myself up for disappointment :toofunny3:

Itll prob be art and truth or dare lol

I'll take a Jump segue into ART especially if she can't go all out dancing right now. She looked pretty stiff dancing on Kai stream two weeks ago, I want Jump live bad but if she can't do it justice right now, I'm ok if it's mostly ART. She still needs to promote the rest of the album too and there's still a lot of spring, then summer left for Jump. 

Also just happy she's performing again even if in a limited capacity. She's a special talent on stage. 

• Like 2

Her streams have been holding up really well. The album did 46M the first week so this isn't a bad drop.

When Jump becomes a smash and more people check out the album >>>>> :alexz3:

• Like 1

Looks like her vocal coach confirmed she's performing ART 

edit: Looks like the minimal choreo I expected.

Edited by Automatic

2 hours ago, Automatic said:

Looks like her vocal coach confirmed she's performing ART 

edit: Looks like the minimal choreo I expected.

Wasted opportunity to give Jump the spotlight it deserves…

If they don't make Jump a single, this is gonna be her last era :ace:

Even Tyla knows Jump is IT :coffee:

Spoiler

The fact that she chose this challenge over the other one that's picking up traction rn tells me everything I need to know about her ability to dance :mandown:

Edited by Automatic

I'm excited for the ART performance! I think(and hope) she will promote and perform Jump in the summer when she's recovered (I pray :dancehall:) from her injury. With ART she can show off her vocals a bit more and serve a great performance with minimal choreo. Jump deserves a big choreo moment so maybe she's saving that for when she can really deliver.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.