Daft Punk reportedly contacted to perform in 2024 Paris Olympics opening ceremony

Jotham

Translation:

Are there any discussions? Yes. According to our information, the group met with the organising committee, “several months ago”. The appointment would have been concluded without a formal agreement between Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel of Homem-Christo. Since then, we have been “working” on both sides to devise the framework for a possible Daft Punk participation. "We're talking. They did not say no, but they are hard in business," a source close to this file, followed closely by the Élysée. The duo of hype musicians makes no comment. As for the Ministry of Culture, it is being kicked out, explaining that it is currently focusing on the security device that will be deployed for the event.

“They are aware that the stakes are high for France. It would be unimaginable if they were not there," adds another source, which counts down the few French artists known internationally, capable of performing during a ceremony watched by more than a billion and a half of viewers: David Guetta, DJ Snake, Martin Solveig, Jean-Michel Jarre, the bands Air and Phoenix and the singers Mylène Farmer,

Read more

Well we want Aya Nakamura so..

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Well we want Mylène Farmer so..

• Like 1

That would be a massive slay actually :jonny: imagine ATW playing during the Parade of Nations 

19 minutes ago, kandicha said:

they really need to be there!

but what if only one of them agrees and the other doesn't :deadbanana2:

any rando can be in that suit

• Haha 1

All I want is her

• Thumbs Down 1

I mean visually the potential is massive. I mean imagine "Stronger"

The bed bugs getting a free snack and a show 

12 hours ago, Cheers said:

Well we want Aya Nakamura so..

Imagine Nakamura representing french music. The insult :deadbanana:

5 hours ago, wulmite said:

I'm still mad at them for ending the way they did

:khalyan2:

Me, too. All those years of silence, just to pop up one day and say they broke up.

It would be amazing to see them together again "one more time," even if I never will get to attend one of their shows. News sources are now saying that they declined this Olympics offer. 

They're easily the most global French act of the last what 40 years? No shade to anybody but who else has globally known hits like One More Time, Get Lucky etc. I hope they do it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.