• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio

• ImpressMeMuch

• zasderfght

• Mornings

So she would feel better flopping on her birthday as opposed to just a random day? :rip:

• Haha 1

December isn't exactly a great month to release an album... if you're going to delay it why not until the new year and just start afresh?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, perfectillusion204 said:

Are y'all forgetting that The Pinkprint was also delayed & released around Christmas too?

That’s true but in all fairness, things were very different back then. In 2014, regular music still benefited from iTunes gift cards at Christmas and holiday songs barely made a dent in the uppermost echelon of the charts.

It’s not to say a December release can’t be successful anymore though; see evermore or SOS. If people respond well to the album it won’t really matter, but for the best debut and album bomb (I do think she’ll chart more tracks than the late 00s pop girls), January would be better. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

That’s true but in all fairness, things were very different back then. In 2014, regular music still benefited from iTunes gift cards at Christmas and holiday songs barely made a dent in the uppermost echelon of the charts.

It’s not to say a December release can’t be successful anymore though; see evermore or SOS. If people respond well to the album it won’t really matter, but for the best debut and album bomb (I do think she’ll chart more tracks than the late 00s pop girls), January would be better. 

sos was able to thrive because the demand for a new sza album was huge plus it had multiple pre-released singles. evermore was a flop for tay standards and the single only was able to pick up after xmas. nicki has 3 pre-release singles and only one did decent december is really a horrible month to release in infact i think it could be below 1989 tv on its second week 

• Thanks 1

Honestly I’d be more surprised if she didn’t delay it so

:suburban:

When she tweeted this, she practically confirmed the album was gonna be pushed back.

Lpa2IZd.gif

This is hilarious!! The way she got terrified of releasing the same date as Lil Wayne

competing with mariah is kind of a full circle moment for the “last chance” rapstress. wasn’t their american idol thing like 10 years ago?

spacer.png

5 hours ago, HEAVYONIT said:

5 pages and most of the people in here aren’t even going to listen to PF2 :clap3: Nicki, your impact :clap3:

The way things are going you won't have a chance to listen to it either

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

On 10/14/2023 at 7:51 AM, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Ughhhhhhh I feel like the album is gonna get delayed now. Idk why, I just feel like it's gonna happen now. However if it's for the best then w/e

Called it 

:clack:

so she signed the copies (or the postcards) before the project is completed for mass production?

:suburban:

Edited by truthteller

9 hours ago, Pink Whitney said:

her fans have been begging her to tack Barbie World onto the album :lmao:

Im sorry but :ahh: 

46 minutes ago, tost1 said:

The way things are going you won't have a chance to listen to it either

:ahh: 

5 hours ago, Archetype said:

We all know Nicki wants a #1 and yet she pushed it to the one month of the year where she is least likely to do that.  I want to say dumb but it seems like self-sabotage at this point.

What about this disorganised rollout & the choice to release LTISY is giving she’s gunning for a #1? 

nicki-minaj-sad.gif

It’s been clear to anyone with a working brain that this wasn’t coming out anytime soon, the first single flopped and they don’t even know what to follow it up with :sad:

I’d be here for a PayPal release A-la Black Friday mixtape. 

her random songs streaming on her website with AI covers are one step away

I don't get the hysterics/dramatics. Nicki delayed the album; however, if we're going to talk about "artists who are over" for pushing back their album releases, Rihanna pushed back Anti how many times? Kanye West, when he wasn't cancelled, pushed back MBDTF and The Life of Pablo... how many times? 

Also, if this Nicki-hate-train is starting because she married someone who failed to register as a sex offender (and she should be clocked for that), let's not forget everyone had no problem streaming Problematique and Feed the Beast, with Kim knowing full-well she worked with an alleged r-word. I'm not excluding myself from this, but I'm also not pretending I'm holier than thou in this hate-on-Nicki train. 

I'm not even a Nicki Minaj fan, but like, let's be consistent with who we pick fights about. Also, with everyone saying "Nicki is over," Super Freaky Girl went 2 times Platinum and went #1. Nicki's latest two songs from this album cycle have been flops, but same can be said for other artists, like ATRL's favorite Miley. Yes, Super Freaky Girl and Flowers are not even a comparison, but the point I'm making is River, Jaded, and her digital reissue Used to Be Young all flopped. Are we cancelling Miley now? 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.