Which new MPG has the most classics?

katara

?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. ?

This whole thread is a contradiction. :skull: 

Can someone post the recurrent streams for some of these songs, because all I’m seeing is songs like New Rules is a classic now, yet I haven’t heard that song since 2017 :rip:

• Like 1

Too early to tell :rip:When I think of "classics" I think of old songs like I Wanna Dance With Somebody, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Careless Whisper that clearly transcend generations. The songs these girls released so far all just seem like a flash in the pan compared to the true classics, but we won't know until a couple more years at least.

Only one of them have the longest running female song on Global Spotify and that's Billie with "lovely" :matty:

But overall how can a song be a "classic" if it isn't even 10 years old yet? Some of these song choices for "classics" are concerning.

• Like 1

hits =/= classics

Dua has Don't Start Now and maybe Levitating (debatable)

Billie has lovely and maybe Happier Than Ever

Doja has none (no Say So, Kiss Me More and Woman aren't classics)

Olivia has none (no, drivers license and good 4 u aren't classics, they're just mega hits)

3 hours ago, Homebrand said:

Can someone post the recurrent streams for some of these songs, because all I’m seeing is songs like New Rules is a classic now, yet I haven’t heard that song since 2017 :rip:

Dua’s Spotify streams:

Levitating 2.7B

DSN 2.3B

NR 1.9B

OK 1.9B

CH 1.7B

4 hours ago, Homebrand said:

because all I’m seeing is songs like New Rules is a classic now, yet I haven’t heard that song since 2017 :rip:

2B on Spotify, 3B on Youtube :mummy: It is the biggest female solo single released in the streaming era. :bird:

OP: Dua by miles, her smash hits revive every time like One Kiss/No Lie in the summer or Lev/DSN/Cold Heart at the end of the year + NR has been stable on all platforms for the last 6 years.

Edited by unclefloprry

I've been saying this for years now. Dua is the new Rih

1 hour ago, Cain said:

Dua’s Spotify streams:

Levitating 2.7B

DSN 2.3B

NR 1.9B

OK 1.9B

CH 1.7B

31 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

2B on Spotify, 3B on Youtube :mummy: It is the biggest female solo single released in the streaming era. :bird:

OP: Dua by miles, her smash hits revive every time like One Kiss/No Lie in the summer or Lev/DSN/Cold Heart at the end of the year + NR has been stable on all platforms for the last 6 years.

I said recurrent streams, not total streams. Those songs were obviously huge for their time, but recurrent streams is a better indication if they will become (or are) a ''classic'' 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.