Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

The house has been seen prior:

71200515-12104701-image-a-1_168453537806

RosebudMalibu-1-1000-WM-edited.webp

RosebudBell-7-1000pcWM-edited.webp

Screen-Shot-2023-05-19-at-3.51.44-PM.web

Screen-Shot-2023-05-19-at-3.51.36-PM.web

House was built by William Bell, son of screenwriter and television producer William J. Bell. The home boasts 7,645 cubic yards of concrete and reportedly took 15 years to build. It was designed by famed Japanese architect Tadao Ando.

I know the price for a lot of things is going up with inflation but didn’t know cement was becoming so expensive. They paid 200$ Million for those cement blocks, some grass and a pool? Eww. It must be beautiful inside or they’re tearing it down?

I don’t like the huge houses (it would feel so empty) but for $200 million I thought it would be bigger? And ya, it looks like the challenge total madness bunker. :skull:

The listing price was apparently $295 million so I guess they got a deal… but still :deadbanana2:

For $200 million I would expect some more distinguishing features.

21 minutes ago, tost1 said:

They have Kaufland in California?

:ahh::ahh:

$200M to live in a concrete hell:rip: 

Money can’t buy taste

:ryan3:

• ATRL Moderator

Ugly. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, tost1 said:

They have Kaufland in California?

i SCREAMED. The accuracy :deadbanana2:

Some good spy please analyze the pictures and properity and infiltrate to steal the visuals hard drive please :thing:

Do yall expect the exterior of a private property to look like an amusement park or an ad in architectural digest? The priority is space and security not dazzling outdoor decor to wow atrl regular joes pretending they’d be in a position to splurge on a fraction of a property that size :fan:

• Thumbs Down 1

I'm guessing the reason for such a high price is the location + there must be a ton of expensive artwork inside, but still it looks so ugly from the outside like imagine finishing a concert of the Renaissance World Tour and going home but you arrive and see THIS :jonny5: depressing!

Well... You certainly can't buy taste. 

Maybe there's something there we don't know about 

Edited by POPTART

Modern architecture is kinda tragic tbh… I hate this whole trend of the most upscale modern styling meaning things looking like a warehouse and consisting entirely of completely neutral colored blank slates.pretty sure one of Kim k’s homes was all white inside.

It’s so characterless and devoid of soul to me. Some homes, mansions and apartments specifically, feel more like doctors offices than cozy homes nowadays. Architecture of the past seemed so ornate and, although sometimes gaudy, really detailed and made with a perspective. I’ve noticed whenever I walk into a home, hotel or apartment that is all about being new/modern, I sometimes think to myself this may not age well and it is not the coziest vibe. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.