• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• By the Water

• LiamVillain

• Green

• KOMH

5 minutes ago, Laura Palmer said:

Seethe 

Nah, not really since it ain't #1 anywhere else in the world lol. I mean, #130 in France is hilarious. Perhaps if she did that remix and discount outside of the US it'd go Top 5 somewhere :ahh:

Edited by JaXXXon
  • Thumbs Down 2

I can’t believe Lover surpassed MIDtrash at last! The superior album finally won this time!

Cruel Summer’s chart run was amazing! Hope it can be a multi week #1.

Ok, as much as the Swifties hate me calling it inorganic (although I'm still saying it is a big hit) I just checked its international chart positions and it's not a big hit outside of the US: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruel_Summer_(Taylor_Swift_song)#Weekly_charts

Why? 

Edited by JaXXXon
  • Thumbs Down 3

Canada #1

US #1

Singapore #1

Philippines #1

Australia #2

UK #2
Japan #2

Latvia #2

New Zealand #3

Indonesia #5

Israel #6

Croatia #7

Malaysia #8

Norway #8

India #9

Panama #10

Iceland #12 

Vietnam #12 (new peak soon)

Ireland #12 (new peak soon)

Netherlands #13

UAE #13

Finland #14

Sweden #14

Greece #16

Austria #24

Germany #26

Denmark #36

and more...

Not bad I guess :gaycat:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

littlebodybigheart
23 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

Nah, not really since it ain't #1 anywhere else in the world lol. I mean, #130 in France is hilarious. Perhaps if she did that remix and discount outside of the US it'd go Top 5 somewhere :ahh:

it just hit #1 on the canadian hot 100. hang it up

22 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

it's not a big hit outside of the US: 

From the link you posted 

#2 Canada

#1 Australia 

#2 Japan Hot Overseas

#5 Indonesia 

#3 New Zealand

#1 Philippines 

#1 Singapore

#2 UK

:confused:

Edited by Artistofthedecade
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

Ok, as much as the Swifties hate me calling it inorganic (although I'm still saying it is a big hit) I just checked its international chart positions and it's not a big hit outside of the US: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruel_Summer_(Taylor_Swift_song)#Weekly_charts

Why? 

Well, the same page suggests that it was only ever officially promoted as a radio single in the US. Seems like maybe also Canada since it has some radio chart peaks there. It might have been sent in a few other countries but I can't find anything. That means that for many other countries, its performance is purely from streaming generated by the tour hype, and the tour has only been to North America so far. Note, despite all that, the #2 peaks on the UK, Australia, and global charts.

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

From the link you posted 

#2 Canada

#1 Australia 

#2 Japan Hot Overseas

#5 Indonesia 

#8 Malaysia 

#3 New Zealand

#1 Philippines 

#1 Singapore

#2 UK

:confused:

#98 in Italy, #26 in Germany, #130 in France. There are more where that came from. 

• Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

Well, the same page suggests that it was only ever officially promoted as a radio single in the US. Seems like maybe also Canada since it has some radio chart peaks there. It might have been sent in a few other countries but I can't find anything. That means that for many other countries, its performance is purely from streaming generated by the tour hype, and the tour has only been to North America so far. Note, despite all that, the #2 peaks on the UK, Australia, and global charts.

It's an official single in my country and Germany as well. It's N/A in my country (although it's doing good on the Airplay chart). 

Guys, did you hear? SEA and Oceania are now a part of the United States! :ryan3:

Edited by Headlock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

It still got 217 points without digital sales (41 points) and streaming boost from the remix/live version (10 points)

#2 had 210 points :gaycat5:

that user doesn't know how chart works and it shows lol

3 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

#98 in Italy, #26 in Germany, #130 in France. There are more where that came from. 

There is a world outside of the US where it is not Germany, Italy or France i am afraid :suburban:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

It's an official single in my country and Germany as well. It's N/A in my country (although it's doing good on the Airplay chart). 

I don't get where we're going with this. Even if it is being serviced to radio as a full single outside North America, are we really all that surprised that it's most successful in the country where she's already done dozens of tour dates? Because it only became a single in the first place due to surging in streams in the US when the tour started.

4 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

so it's not a big hit in Italy, Germany, France -> it's not a big hit outside the US?

• Like 1

Finally Lover has been AVENGED for not having a #1 during 2019 :WAP:

• Like 2

We know it's not Blank Space or SIO kind of smash
but it's still a big hit globally (3/4 of its streams come from outside the US)

Cruel Summer is still a 4-year-old song without a music video and doing 4-5m streams daily for last 4 months (and it'll outstream SOTY aka flowers in 4 months at this pace)  :giraffe:

Edited by LiamVillain

1 hour ago, JaXXXon said:

Global streams 32M, US streams 8M (25%)

where are the other 20M+ (75%) coming from? Quickly!

AbU8Bss.gif

• Haha 2

A 4-year old song did that? An album cut? TAYLORD INDEED

3 hours ago, JaXXXon said:

So global = Germany, France and Italy?

• Like 1

If this song isn’t global with the amount of streams it gets outside NA them I don’t know what is. Peaks aren’t everything.

But back on topic, this could go top 5 on her biggest hits right?

Shake It Off

Blank Space

Anti-Hero

Love Story

Cruel Summer

———

I Knew You Were Trouble

You Belong with Me

We are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Bad Blood

Wildest Dreams

Style

Iconic set of hits!

spacer.png

FINALLY! Back at #1!! My forever-fave deserves every last morsel of this chart-topping success! :sosad:

7 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

Most of Lover’s original singles are the lows of the album. Good thing the GP is streaming the non-singles on the album like Cornelia Street, Afterglow, Death by a Thousand, and False God. Puta’s album tracks are not even half as strong as those. 

She should delete Me! and release Lover as 1st single, and False God and Afterglow as following singles. But oh well. 

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.