H100: Cruel Summer #1

Renan90

1 hour ago, Green said:

It always has been like that. Hello and Easy on Me chart runs were ruined for album bombs.

Hello was sent to recurrent because of Lemonade/Prince's death

And Easy On me because of Kendrick

Easy On Me was just about on its way out anyway. It was charting in the 40s, and had already survived Future and Bad Bunny the 2 weeks prior. Even without Kendrick, EOM was already declining and would have been gone a week or two later.

Anyways, I’d like to see the re-entry rules be applied consistently. If they cannot return because of albums, then they shouldn’t be allowed to return after the holiday season unless they are being actively promoted on radio.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• By the Water

• LiamVillain

• Green

• JaXXXon

"its Cool" in deed! Love love love this song, and now Love finally has a #1! The best song deserved. 

On 10/24/2023 at 2:30 PM, monster_enriquer said:

:jonny4:My flop country finally doing something right

Lover title song is number 2 in India this week as well❤

https://imicharts.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2023 at 4:41 AM, simmnfierzig said:

I hate all recurrent rules, but if you go out because of an album bomb you should always get back 

They should have just added a filtered version of the chart as an option instead of making it the default.  Otherwise, it's incredibly inaccurate. 

On 10/23/2023 at 11:48 PM, Jamie Starr said:

The thought of Taylor passing up a few of our favs is worrying. However, it's refreshing to see a Pop song go #1 (and organically) instead of a random Drake album cut.

That should restore a little faith that the genre isn't totally dead. I wonder how many more #1 hits Taylor has in her before ageism comes for her.

:ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.