Kesha estimates to have written 15k songs during her career

TomTom

In a new interview, Kesha claims she probably wrote about 15k songs in her career...now let's hear them all :jonny::

The music isn't as precious to Kesha as you'd be led to believe by the ubiquity of singles like 2009's "Tik Tok," 2010's "We R Who We R" and 2012's "Die Young." She's a songwriter's songwriter who grew up in 90s country-era writing rooms with her mother and thus, almost by osmosis, acquired the gene that's allowed her to write, in her estimation, somewhere in the range of 15,000 songs in the past 20 years.

https://eu.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2023/10/22/kesha-on-gag-order-ahead-of-her-nashville-shows-at-the-ryman/71226397007/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

she needs to release the 70 she wrote for Gag Order !

• Like 2

Either she's been writing on average 2 songs everyday for the past 20 years or she doesn't know how to count... :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

:rip:

Give us the folk album :monkey:

• Like 2

I believe it :clap3: I can only imagine how much she has written from Warrior to Rainbow :jonny:

• Like 2

Some of her demos are amazing. Wish there was a way for the fans to listen songs before theyre released and help her to select the best ones :giraffe:

• Like 4

That’s an insane number. Even Dolly Parton, one of our most prolific songwriters, only lays claim to penning like 3000 songs. :deadbanana2:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Achilles. said:

That’s an insane number. Even Dolly Parton, one of our most prolific songwriters, only lays claim to penning like 3000 songs. :deadbanana2:

It really is, I'd personally have thought Kesha may have written like 5k songs max. (and that's already a crazy number).

On the other hand, as insane as it sounds, I can also see it because Kesha always emphasized throughout her career that she considers herself a songwriter first and foremost and not a singer and there are many interviews of her saying that she is basically nonstop writing songs all the time.

• Like 2

i mean, it makes sense. considering she's been writing for 20 years also including pre-fame 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 4:09 PM, AvadaKedavra said:

Some of her demos are amazing. Wish there was a way for the fans to listen songs before theyre released and help her to select the best ones :giraffe:

now THIS is the best thing any musician could do with their fans.

10 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

now THIS is the best thing any musician could do with their fans.

People say is a mistake but i disagree. Artists should listen to their fans more. Have secret sessions 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.