• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alexz

• skizzo

• Funnyfatty

• Anticipating

Very deserving for the queen. I feel so excited that lots of people are discovering her music too :jonnycat: 

she is such a queen. I want her fanbase to start a Everytime streaming party though. It has a chance to go really viral. 

On 10/21/2023 at 5:39 PM, Alex Rover said:

Shakira and Beyoncé are doubling her numbers, you really thought you did somerhing? :deadbanana4:

You’ll understand why she only has 1B+ streamed song on Spotify.

Since we are talking Beyonce, lets talk how Britney sold Beyonce whole pure sales career with her first two albums.

Does Beyonce have any album sell 10kk in the US or elsewhere? Aaah no. But Adele and Taylor who came 300 years later done it.

Beyonce never was the best seller even when she debuted in 2003 and people still sold that. Shania in her album number 4 or 5 sold 11kk in the US in 2004.

So u want to compare lets compare, so much fun!

• Thanks 3

Xtina:

Genie In a Bottle – 214k

Beautiful - 119k

34 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

Since we are talking Beyonce, lets talk how Britney sold Beyonce whole pure sales career with her first two albums.

Does Beyonce have any album sell 10kk in the US or elsewhere? Aaah no. But Adele and Taylor who came 300 years later done it.

Beyonce never was the best seller even when she debuted in 2003 and people still sold that. Shania in her album number 4 or 5 sold 11kk in the US in 2004.

britney debuted when album sales were at their highest, ever. beyonce's first album came out by the time album sales were quickly declining.

besides taylor and adele, none of the newer MPGs have sold 10M anyhwere and adele is the only one to do it in pure sales, so not sure why you're bringing this point up. 

and no, shania's album sold 5M but is certified 11M because it was a double disc 

I don't click on every Britney thread but in the few ones that I have, the Xtuna stans have inserted their irrelevant fave into the discussion, why? :celestial5:

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Antikythera said:

7 hours ago, Alexz said:

Xtina:

Genie In a Bottle – 214k

Beautiful - 119k

Do not take the bait, y'all :rip:

This thread isn't to drag other girlies, or talk about sales. We're just happy Britney got a cute moment and hopefully songs like Everytime get their well deserved classic status :clap3:

• Like 1

The bar is in hell, only like 5 of those songs are getting decent streams for a so called “legend” :rip:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

19 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

The bar is in hell, only like 5 of those songs are getting decent streams for a so called “legend” :rip:

Yes, because streams make a Legend

all these clowns in here :toofunny3:

• Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Yes, because streams make a Legend

all these clowns in here :toofunny3:

I never said that, although it would be a good indication seeing as streaming and Spotify is the largest form of modern music consumption (the real only tangible measure to see how well her catalogue is remembered). if you want to start talking about fictitious “impact” pls log off :clown:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Is there a point anyone is making about streams when she is top 5 streaming female artists who debuted pre-2000.

So all those artist outside of the top 5 are considered what???

She dominated CD sales, was successful in the digital market and, with her catalog, has done well in the streaming market.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

I never said that, although it would be a good indication seeing as streaming and Spotify is the largest form of modern music consumption (the real only tangible measure to see how well her catalogue is remembered). if you want to start talking about fictitious “impact” pls log off :clown:

Fictitious?
You are obviously triggered by Britney-related topics, so I haven't even thought of wasting my time like that :ryan2:

Her stats are doing well for someone who hasn't had an era in 7 years (and had one of the worst playlisting out of the pop girls before HMC)

More daily streams than a lot of acts who had a more recent era than her too :michael:

The reaches aren't reaching

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Anticipating said:

I don't know what's sadder :dies: The fact you're genuinely believe anyone ever gave a **** about that little 20 second verse, or the way y'all constantly downgrade your fave's discography and whatever's left of her "legacy" to the 20 second verse in question. :bibliahh:  It's always Moves Like Jagger this, Moves Like Jagger that.... you'd think that woman doesn't have any other songs in her discography. :deadbanana2: 

Making a dupe just to hide behind Gaga doesn't change the fact that your real fave is a forgotten fad. 

Daily streams:

…Baby One More Time + Toxic (2 songs)  1,270,251

Stripped, Back to Basics, Mi Reflejo, Lotus, AGUILERA, Bionic, Liberation, My Kind of Christmas and Just Be Free combined (150 songs) — 792,523

Screenshot-2023-10-22-at-16-28-59.png

Screenshot-2023-10-22-at-16-32-44.png

Hell, those 9 albums COMBINED (792K) barely outstream Toxic on its own (755K). How do you have the audacity to even show up in this thread :lmao:

You really destroyed omg :rip:

9 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

britney debuted when album sales were at their highest, ever. beyonce's first album came out by the time album sales were quickly declining.

besides taylor and adele, none of the newer MPGs have sold 10M anyhwere and adele is the only one to do it in pure sales, so not sure why you're bringing this point up. 

and no, shania's album sold 5M but is certified 11M because it was a double disc 

That’s not true, in Asia by the time 2000 came about cds were not bought the way it used to because of piracy! It’s not like Britney sold tons of albums because of cd sales being high or anything like that, piracy was all time high in the 2000s at least in Asia. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trash said:

Do not take the bait, y'all :rip:

This thread isn't to drag other girlies, or talk about sales. We're just happy Britney got a cute moment and hopefully songs like Everytime get their well deserved classic status :clap3:

U arw right, but sometimes I just cant with so much history revisionism, lol

23 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

I just cant with so much history revisionism, lol

The nerve coming from a Britney stan :skull:

11 hours ago, Antikythera said:

Who cares about sales from 30 years ago when Beyonce has been stomping the minute CIL intro hit the airwaves :cm:

1 minute ago, Mystic Boy said:

The nerve coming from a Britney stan :skull:

Who cares about sales from 30 years ago when Beyonce has been stomping the minute CIL intro hit the airwaves :cm:

Reality: Beyonce always sold less that her peers. Britney, Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor, Adele all had more hits and sales during their peaks.

I can reference the past because my diva wrote history.

Bey fans should be thankful Britney give DC a chance to performe on her Hawaii special, before that all they got was being a feature on Jessica Simpson album.

So u are welcomed!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

Reality: Beyonce always sold less that her peers. Britney, Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor, Adele all had more hits and sales during their peaks.

I can reference the past because my diva wrote history.

Bey fans should be thankful Britney give DC a chance to performe on her Hawaii special, before that all they got was being a feature on Jessica Simpson album.

So u are welcomed!

And Beyoncé is still a relevant Pop Legend after 26 years in the game slaying at all fronts.....What about your fave ? Is that really the hill you want to die on?

11 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

This is not a good comparison. Because Usher released an album a year later and also sold over 10 million 10 years into his career with an r&b album. We should really stop comparing and instead celebrate successes. 

23 hours ago, Avenger said:

That’s not true, in Asia by the time 2000 came about cds were not bought the way it used to because of piracy! It’s not like Britney sold tons of albums because of cd sales being high or anything like that, piracy was all time high in the 2000s at least in Asia. 

well WW in 1999 and 2000, when Britney's massive selling albums were released, the music industry saw record profits and the most albums sold in the history of the industry. piracy became much more prominent in the later years after BOMT and OIDIA were already high sellers

22 hours ago, Tropez said:

This is not a good comparison. Because Usher released an album a year later and also sold over 10 million 10 years into his career with an r&b album. We should really stop comparing and instead celebrate successes. 

again, 1 album out of how many? also i was responding to a user that decided to drag beyonce for no reason, i love britney and have nothing against her

5 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

well WW in 1999 and 2000, when Britney's massive selling albums were released, the music industry saw record profits and the most albums sold in the history of the industry. piracy became much more prominent in the later years after BOMT and OIDIA were already high sellers

again, 1 album out of how many? also i was responding to a user that decided to drag beyonce for no reason, i love britney and have nothing against her

Piracy was already high, Oops was one of the highest pirated albums in 2000 despite being also one of the biggest sellers :skull:

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.