Britney's streams surge on Spotify: Toxic 1.2M, Circus 558K

Anticipating

24 minutes ago, Alex Rover said:

Those numbers aren’t good in comparison to Taylor, Beyoncé, Sia, Miley, Shakira, Rihanna, Gaga, Katy, Lana, etc..

What about in comparison to Christina? They came out around the same time. And Christina even has new music out. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alexz

• skizzo

• Funnyfatty

• Anticipating

1 hour ago, Alex Rover said:

Those streams are really bad despite a boost. 

Really weak when compared to Gaga’s numbers: 

Poker Face — 902k

Shallow — 891k

Just Dance — 756k

Toxic — 754k

Always Remember Us This Way — 722k

Bad Romance — 671k

Gimme More — 544k

Bloody Mary — 541k

...Baby One More Time — 515.4k

Paparazzi — 507k

Oops!...I Did It Again — 458k

Hold Me Closer — 421.k

The fact that Gaga has three songs out-streaming any Britney track and that Bloody Mary released as a single in 2022 out-performed Hold Me Closer. :redface:

This is quite unnecessary and random:rip: Britney's last somewhat relevant album was released while Gaga was peaking on the pop charts. No one should expect them to have the same amount of streaming power. Britney is doing really well for an act that debuted in the 1990s. Also Gaga loves Britney just like many, many pop acts from the 2000s and 2010s

Edited by Dephira
  • Like 7

It's always been weird to me how some people want to compare Britney's streams to those from artists who debuted later, are active and released during the streaming era. Spears is doing amazing compared to 95% of her actual peers that debuted around the same time.

Cool to see several songs getting more streams tbh and I LOVE seeing Everytime being resurrected, totally deserved for this classic masterpiece. :heart2:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

2. Genie in a Bottle — 191,575

4. Beautiful — 108,950

5. Dirrty — 78,128

6. Fighter — 74,373

9. Candyman — 64,615

Why nobody ever stream the songs in her own albums?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Anticipating said:

Gaga debuted 10 years after Britney and peaked during the digital era - not to mention she's released multiple albums during the streaming era. I would certainly hope her streams are better. 

IMG_0357.thumb.jpeg.c7957f78fd4c87705f41

We can compare her to the girl in your avi if you'd like. They're from the same generation after all.

According to Kworb, these are her daily streams as a lead artist:

1. Say Something — 278,355

2. Genie in a Bottle — 191,575

3. Lady Marmalade — 171,470

4. Beautiful — 108,950

5. Dirrty — 78,128

6. Fighter — 74,373

9. Candyman — 64,615

10. Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti — 63,549

0 songs above 300K

1 song above 200K

4 songs above 100K :deadbanana4:

For comparison purposes, Toxic (754K) gets more streams than Genie, Lady Marmalade, Beautiful, Dirrty, Fighter, and Candyman... combined (689K). And there's still a 65K gap. :/

oh my god.. how can that xtina dupe troll even talk :skull: 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Alex Rover said:

Those streams are really bad despite a boost. 

Really weak when compared to Gaga’s numbers: 

Poker Face — 902k

Shallow — 891k

Just Dance — 756k

Toxic — 754k

Always Remember Us This Way — 722k

Bad Romance — 671k

Gimme More — 544k

Bloody Mary — 541k

...Baby One More Time — 515.4k

Paparazzi — 507k

Oops!...I Did It Again — 458k

Hold Me Closer — 421.k

The fact that Gaga has three songs out-streaming any Britney track and that Bloody Mary released as a single in 2022 out-performed Hold Me Closer. :redface:

How come this hasnt been reported for being off topic yet?

I remember posting on some thread that Britneys last solo #1 was in the same year as Gaga's (2011) despite the former debuting in the 90s and i got a WP :biblionana:

• Haha 1

Everytime getting its justice! Well deserved!! Would love to see it enter her top 5 over the collabs! Now if only the memoir had a Breathe On Me/Touch of My Hand/Don't Hang Up mention....

• Like 1

Britney forever will be famous!!! LEGEND :worship2: 

Let me stream Everytime again! :gaycatney4:

9 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

Not her outstreaming P!nk and the X-MPG without and album since 2016

:suburban:

The way I giggled 

This is cute, doubt it'll stick, but I hope gen z get to discover something they like from her discography. Her Millennial fanbase can only do so much.

13 hours ago, Jooj said:

How come this hasnt been reported for being off topic yet?

I remember posting on some thread that Britneys last solo #1 was in the same year as Gaga's (2011) despite the former debuting in the 90s and i got a WP :biblionana:

Not you trying to lump Born This Way with Hold It Against Me to prove they’re similar achievements. :dies:

Worldwide digital sales:

Born This Way — 10,330,000

Hold It Against Me — 3,750,000

Spotify:

Born This Way — 543M

Hold It Against Me — 71M

You really thought you ate. :deadbanana4:

And I know you’re not downplaying Gaga’s collabs when: 

- Britney’s last #1 was given by Rihanna (a flopped one hence it’s only Gold) ; Britney’s last top 3 and best-selling digital hit, Scream & Shout, is a FEAT in which she’s not even a LEAD artist ; 

- Britney’s penultimate top 3 was saved by Ke$ha and Nicki Minaj ; 

- Britney’s last top 10 is a DUET and it underperformed as it’s only eligible for platinum.

Edited by Alex Rover
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 9

15 hours ago, Anticipating said:

Read again beloved. I really dgaf about her little Maroon 5 feature from 2011. Now can you tell me why Toxic is outstreaming Xtina's biggest hits combined? What happened? Why isn't the GP streaming Stripped? :dancehall:

And I don’t really give a **** about your cherry-picking. Whether you like it or not, Moves Like Jagger is part of Xtina’s discography according to Billboard, RIAA and Spotify. 

And it’s STOMPING on every Britney song: 

Moves Like Jagger — 961,162

Toxic — 754,857

Gimme More — 544,427

…Baby One More Time — 515,394

Oops!… I Did It Against — 458,778

Also I’m delighted that my other fav, Gaga, DESTROYS your fav in terms of success.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

22 minutes ago, Alex Rover said:

And I don’t really give a **** about your cherry-picking. Whether you like it or not, Moves Like Jagger is part of Xtina’s discography according to Billboard, RIAA and Spotify. 

And it’s STOMPING on every Britney song: 

Moves Like Jagger — 961,162

Toxic — 754,857

Gimme More — 544,427

…Baby One More Time — 515,394

Oops!… I Did It Against — 458,778

Also I’m delighted that my other fav, Gaga, DESTROYS your fav in terms of success.

The unarguably biggest song by two artists at the same time released 8 years after the biggest song (that wasn’t even that big at the time) by one artist outdoing the other by a mere 200k daily streams is not the flex you think it is. Not to mention the former even went diamond.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, Trash said:

A whole new account to only comment on Britney threads :deadbanana4:

I really really hope this is somehow therapeutic for them because otherwise this is such a sick behaviour 

Britney needs one push. She has so many hit songs which can go viral. They have ages well too. It will take her catalog sales to next level

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anticipating said:

I don't know what's sadder :dies: The fact you're genuinely believe anyone ever gave a **** about that little 20 second verse, or the way y'all constantly downgrade your fave's discography and whatever's left of her "legacy" to the 20 second verse in question. :bibliahh:  It's always Moves Like Jagger this, Moves Like Jagger that.... you'd think that woman doesn't have any other songs in her discography. :deadbanana2: 

Making a dupe just to hide behind Gaga doesn't change the fact that your real fave is a forgotten fad. 

Daily streams:

…Baby One More Time + Toxic (2 songs)  1,270,251

Stripped, Back to Basics, Mi Reflejo, Lotus, AGUILERA, Bionic, Liberation, My Kind of Christmas and Just Be Free combined (150 songs) — 792,523

Screenshot-2023-10-22-at-16-28-59.png

Screenshot-2023-10-22-at-16-32-44.png

Hell, those 9 albums COMBINED (792K) barely outstream Toxic on its own (755K). How do you have the audacity to even show up in this thread :lmao:

:rip::rip:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.