MTV cancels EMA's over security fears

mystery

DAILYMAIL: MTV cancel their EMA awards over security fears and 'the state of the world' amid Israel-Hamas war

The MTV Europe Music Awards have been cancelled due to security fears and 'the state of the world' amid the war between Israel and Hamas

The 30th annual music event is one of the industry's biggest awards ceremonies and was due to be held in Paris at the Paris Nord Villepinte on November 5.  But a source told the Mail: 'It's with a heavy heart that it is being called off due to safety concerns and the ongoing conflict.' 

The annual starfest features dazzling performances from the industry’s biggest artists, with the proceedings broadcast live on MTV in over 150 countries.  Had this year's event gone ahead, it would have been the first time the EMAs had been held in the French capital for 28 years. 

Edited by mystery

nah i dont buy it

Its an excuse cause no one watches this anymore 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

Why don't they just do a virtual "2020" ceremony? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

nah i dont buy it

Its an excuse cause no one watches this anymore 

This lol time to pull the plug on that no1curr show

We've seen misplaced violence against Jews in Europe due to Israel's action (Synagogues attacked; Stars of David painted on Jews' homes in Berlin). I can see why they made this decision 

• Like 2

There goes Dua’s chance to perform her lead single :deadbanana2: I know Dukagjin is SCRAMBLING something together right now

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Love Again said:

There goes Dua’s chance to perform her lead single :deadbanana2: I know Dukagjin is SCRAMBLING something together right now

wait ur right help

well atleast she’ll do the AMA’s

5 minutes ago, SeeingStars1515 said:

We've seen misplaced violence against Jews in Europe due to Israel's action (Synagogues attacked; Stars of David painted on Jews' homes in Berlin). I can see why they made this decision 

there’s been like 6 bomb alerts in Paris this week alone, a terrorist beheading a teacher last week and a terrorist attack in Brussels 3 days ago, this isn’t about jews :rip:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

wait ur right help

The AMA's don't exist anymore.

9 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

wait ur right help

The amas were also canceled this year cause BBMAs took their slot. :deadbanana2:

8 minutes ago, mystery said:

The AMA's don't exist anymore.

4 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

The amas were also canceled this year cause BBMAs took their slot. :deadbanana2:

Help… :skull:

Totally understandable. It seems like the conflict is spilling over to Europe. The demonstrations here get more and more violent. I think it’s only a matter of time before there’s another terror attack. 

But I’m curious if they will still announce the winners or just abandon them altogether.

Edited by Velvet Night

its da bed bugs isn't it lol

• Haha 11

But they didn't seem to have a problem making them last year when a country in their own continent (three times closer to the host city) was getting bombed? I see.

K3DLiTn.gif

36 minutes ago, SeeingStars1515 said:

It’s definitely not true :hoetenks:

I hope they still announce the winners cause all that voting fans did better be for something lol 

May they remain cancelled forever 🙏

32 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

there’s been like 6 bomb alerts in Paris this week alone, a terrorist beheading a teacher last week and a terrorist attack in Brussels 3 days ago, this isn’t about jews :rip:

Why has France been scrambling lately? Is it for the 'war' against their African colonization or I'm missing something else :deadbanana2:?

5 minutes ago, ToMmY said:

But they didn't seem to have a problem making them last year when a country in their own continent (three times closer to the host city) was getting bombed? I see.

K3DLiTn.gif

There was a terrorist attack in Belgium 3 days ago on a soccer match 

Cancelled over security fears following the 2 terrorists attacks in France and Belgium these past few days, and the tensions with the Israel/Gaza war.

Edited by Flocon
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.