Youtube has lost their minds and we are enterting the dark ages

SmittenCake

Trackers, malware, and scams are everywhere online, so I will not let ANY website show ads on my devices; Even the FBI recommends using adblockers when browsing the internet now.

For you guys who are getting this warning screen, I would suggest the YouTube mirror site Invidious (Yewtube), or YouTube ReVanced. I use Premium, but the subscription cost increase has me second-guessing that decision.

• Like 2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simplywohoo

• ScorpiosGroove

• Leptine

• flower moon

On 10/19/2023 at 1:50 PM, Reginald said:

Trackers, malware, and scams are everywhere online, so I will not let ANY website show ads on my devices; Even the FBI recommends using adblockers when browsing the internet now.

For you guys who are getting this warning screen, I would suggest the YouTube mirror site Invidious (Yewtube), or YouTube ReVanced. I use Premium, but the subscription cost increase has me second-guessing that decision.

or just get uBlock Origin and keep updating "uBlock filters – Quick fixes" in the Filters lists tab :gaycat3:

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2023 at 12:39 AM, Archetype said:

YT has been financing itself for almost 20 years with very little additional features added over that long ass time span.  They're going in advertising overdrive because less people are watching YT, meaning less ad revenue, which ironically will push more people away from YT and continue ad revenue loss.  :rip:

Yeah… I’ve noticed YT views aren’t what they used to be even compared to 4 or 5 years ago. They’ve lost a lot of people to TikTok esp once TikTok allowed people to upload 3 min videos. 

a lot of influencers also say YT (while still the highest paying platform) doesn’t pay nearly as much as it used to.  So none of this is surprising tbh

We are entering dark ages because they're charging for a service? You can either pay premium or watch the ads. It was easy to see this coming when they started losing massive audience numbers. Only reggaeton/Kpop videos do numbers there anymore, and never to the same extent as the Bad Romance/Wrecking Ball/Blank Space days.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

We are entering dark ages because they're charging for a service? You can either pay premium or watch the ads.

No, we're adblocking :heart:

• Haha 3

I have literally never listened to an ad when waiting for a video to load, like I just automatically zoom out of my brain for 20 seconds :deadbanana:

• Like 1

Everybody wants to wake up to my YouTube premium subscription today! 

:ryan3:

I just click on the little ‘i’ when an add pops up and click ‘block ad’ 

It skips both ads 

People here defending this when Youtube was FREE for years :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

If I click on a video and there's an ad I will just close that damn video. (Does YouTube still get paid?)

Why don't 5 of you pool up for a family plan. That's the cheapest way to get rid of this issue once and for all. Better yet, if you know anyone (atrler) from India( he needs to have an Indian credit /debit card), they have the cheapest family plans. So if you are hard of cash, you can pool up for the Indian family plan, that's the cheapest you can go.it's like $5.5 per YEAR for each of the 5 in the Indian family plan!

Edited by Monster Megamind
  • Like 1

im rooting for ublock origin but honestly it discourages me how netflix won after cracking down password sharing :rip:

gen z does not know how to pirate. so sad

I ended up signing up for premium because of this. My YouTube account was not even loading videos at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the last hours the anti-adblock warning has returned in full force with uBlock on Firefox desktop.

It blocked Ublock for me too omg

1 hour ago, Leptine said:

In the last hours the anti-adblock warning has returned in full force with uBlock on Firefox desktop.

1 hour ago, Cheers said:

It blocked Ublock for me too omg

go into ublock settings and then to 'filter lists', in there click 'purge all caches' and when that is done then press 'update now' which is right next to it.

thats what fixes it for me every time. :lakitu:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flower moon said:

go into ublock settings and then to 'filter lists', in there click 'purge all caches' and when that is done then press 'update now' which is right next to it.

i do this but i dont get the adblock notice and the ads are still loading :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, flower moon said:

Omg I’m gonna try this

2 hours ago, Asscatchem said:

i do this but i dont get the adblock notice and the ads are still loading :deadbanana4:

a case for the fbi i fear

it keeps going back and forth for me with Adblock

it'll go a couple days working and then back to blocking the adblocker

On 10/29/2023 at 11:04 PM, MusicLoverDude said:

People here defending this when Youtube was FREE for years :deadbanana2:

It’s still free. Sorry you have to wait 30 seconds for an ad 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.