Youtube has lost their minds and we are enterting the dark ages

SmittenCake

Coz WTF IS DIS!?

:biblio: i have adblock on Opera. I have like 3 of them installed and still get this bullshit. This is insane!!

tR3NyM8.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simplywohoo

• ScorpiosGroove

• Cheers

• flower moon

I've never had this happen once. I'm still using ublock origin as I always have and the only problems I run into are the occasional video that I'll have to reload to play. Everyone getting these messages must be using the weaker adblockers that take money from certain companies to allow ads - go with ublock and you shouldn't have this problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Happened to me too. Disgusting!

2 minutes ago, nostalgic said:

I've never had this happen once. I'm still using ublock origin as I always have and the only problems I run into are the occasional video that I'll have to reload to play. Everyone getting these messages must be using the weaker adblockers that take money from certain companies to allow ads - go with ublock and you shouldn't have this problem.

Brace yourself sis, happened to me on ublock origin as well.

I have ads on my phone. I have adblock on my laptop but I rarely use it to watch Youtube there these days

26 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I’m so used to ads I don’t even care anymore. It is what it is. 

Same. The only time I will stop using YouTube is when they make subscription mandatory to watch videos

• Like 2

Ads in the middle of videos is the worst thing that has ever happened to YouTube, im addicted to it, so I have no other choice, but they’re greedy af and it ruins the pacing while watching. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I’m so used to ads I don’t even care anymore. It is what it is. 

This is where I'm at with it. It's INCREDIBLY annoying but it is what it is.

• Like 1

I mean YouTube needs to finance itself so I'm sure you'll survive some ads if you haven't figured out yet how great yt music and the free yt premium that comes with it are

• Thumbs Down 6

My solution to this is downloading this chrome extension which can speed up videos. I turn it up to 10x and it speeds past ads while still giving the content creators revenue.

57 minutes ago, Dekkan said:

Brace yourself sis, happened to me on ublock origin as well.

The devs are always on top of their game and pumping out new updates, I wouldn't worry too much :alexz3: 

• Like 2

try brave ! ( browser with built in ad blockers ). havent had any issues yet! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, simplywohoo said:

I mean YouTube needs to finance itself so I'm sure you'll survive some ads if you haven't figured out yet how great yt music and the free yt premium that comes with it are

YT has been financing itself for almost 20 years with very little additional features added over that long ass time span.  They're going in advertising overdrive because less people are watching YT, meaning less ad revenue, which ironically will push more people away from YT and continue ad revenue loss.  :rip:

• Like 2

I remember when I was In Highschool in like 2007 and there were no ads at all:gaycat6:

• Like 2

Use ublock.

Just manually update the filters since updates are not real time. Youtube has found a way to bypass adblockers by changing codes everyday.

Ublock dashboard > Filter lists > Purge all caches > Update now

Edited by charot
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, charot said:

Use ublock.

Just manually update the filters 'cause updates are not real time. Youtube has found a way to bypass adblockers by changing codes everyday.

Ublock dashboard > Filter lists > Purge all caches > Update now

so far that thing is working for me.:clap3:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nostalgic said:

You'll get the message soon. I didn't get it either until recently. 

I like ads they make me feel like I'm in 2007

They just need iconic ones. These new ones are lame. We need more education connection bops. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.