Poe teases new music and upcoming comeback

AlexLockhart

Any Poe stans?

Iconic alt-pop/alt-rock singer Poe (Anne Decatur Danielewski) finally teasing upcoming comeback after 20+ years of hiatus. She uploaded new cryptic teaser of upcoming music with a new snippet of her song 'September 30, 1955' which she teased back in 2012. 

For the first time ever, she has launched official merch store which is already available. She also updated her official site, added social media links and created her account in Tiktok. She's been preparing new music for more than 15 years and it seems she's ready to start new chapter of her discography. 

If you haven't heard her music yet, I advise you to check her second album 'Haunted' (2000) and debut record 'Hello' (1996). You won't be disappointed 

Spoiler

• Like 2

WE ARE READY :WAP:

• Like 1

I have to thank Alan Wake for introducing me to Poe as they used her song Haunted in the first game. 

The sequel comes out at the end of this month, so I wonder if she has another song used in it? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

I have to thank Alan Wake for introducing me to Poe as they used her song Haunted in the first game. 

The sequel comes out at the end of this month, so I wonder if she has another song used in it? 

It's also 'Haunted' anniversary at 31st! I hope it's really the time 

Give us another Terrible Thought and Not a Virgin :jonnycat:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexLockhart said:

It's also 'Haunted' anniversary at 31st! I hope it's really the time 

It might just be a coincidence, but I would love if she debuted her new material in Alan Wake II.

We need another 5 & 1/2 Minute Hallway! :jamming:

• Like 1

OMG??? Her industry story is so in so unfortunate, I can’t beeline she’d fully return. I hope it’s true though, loveeee all her stuff 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Man Who said:

It might just be a coincidence, but I would love if she debuted her new material in Alan Wake II.

We need another 5 & 1/2 Minute Hallway! :jamming:

wait... i think you are right

she's sitting with Sam Lake in the new tiktok video :eek: 

They kinda made an announce of the song - it's called "This Road (AW)" and out next week. It's reworked and is gonna be a part of Alan Wake soundtrack.

Gonna make a new thread or keep it in here when they will officially announce it with cover art and other information

Knowing it's the first release in 20 years, it makes me hopeful that there are more things to come

Well it's over :noparty: I don't see it anywhere else now. It might be just WW release tomorrow but I doubt. According to Sam Lake's post the song was going to be released at 27th with AW II

Finally received a new email from her official site! The new era is officially started but her new song isn't released WW on all platforms, it's just an exclusive piece for the game yet

Hello Hello alex!

I hope you are thriving.  It’s been a while.  But in some places no time has passed at all.

I made something for you.  It’s a song.  It’s also a kind of road. 

There’s so much I want to tell you - too much to put into an email or even a conversation; but a lot of what I want so badly to share with you fits nicely into this song. 

It’s called This Road.

It’s only the end and it’s just the beginning.

For the moment This Road only exists in The Dark Place inside a game called Alan Wake II.

I will ping you again when This Road  begins to wind into “the real world”. . . Soon.

Spoiler

For the ones who were excited about Poe's new music, there's a full new 9 minute song 'This Road' taken from Alan Wake II finally surfaced on Youtube. No official release date yet but it's coming soon accordingly press-release. 10 year old low-fi loop every fan was exited about turned into something BIG. 'September 31, 1955' was uploaded at 20th November so maybe we'll get it in November

Working in this immersive environment, Poe experienced unprecedented creative freedom:

“I’ve always experienced songs as places.  There is a stillness inside songs that you can walk through and live in. Collaborating with Sam brought the world inside 'This Road' to life.

I started out by just suggesting some sonic references within the narrative but Sam stopped me. He said ‘Poe, whatever you decide to do will be right because it comes from you.’ I have never experienced that kind of support and encouragement, especially from such an iconic creator.  It truly set me on fire.

I was able to venture into places I might not have otherwise gone, because of that encouragement.   There is a section in the song where the music slows down, for a long time and almost imperceptibly, until time sort of stops.  We recorded that live, as a band and without any kind of metronome, and stayed perfectly in sync with each other. It was surreal, and truly one of the most amazing musical experiences of my life.  Sam’s confidence in me gave me that moment, and I am so grateful.”

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AlexLockhart said:

For the ones who were excited about Poe's new music, there's a full new 9 minute song 'This Road' taken from Alan Wake II finally surfaced on Youtube. No official release date yet but it's coming soon accordingly press-release. 10 year old low-fi loop every fan was exited about turned into something BIG. 'September 31, 1955' was uploaded at 20th November so maybe we'll get it in November

This was so good :WAP: So sultry and jazzy, GIVE ME THE ALBUM NOW :jonny5:

• Like 1

I loved hearing this song during Alan Wake and the full version is even better. :heart:

Edited by The Man Who
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AlexLockhart said:

Thanks for this! I was just in this thread last night thinking the song was posted. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jesus del rey said:

This was so good :WAP: So sultry and jazzy, GIVE ME THE ALBUM NOW :jonny5:

9 hours ago, ozlovezashlee said:

Thanks for this! I was just in this thread last night thinking the song was posted. 

I really do hope we will not wait a few years more to get more new music :dancehall: it's really THE time for a proper comeback while she's getting a lot of love in internet after the announcement of 'This Road' and 'Alan Wake II' release

19 hours ago, The Man Who said:

I loved hearing this song during Alan Wake and the full version is even better. :heart:

I was also thinking of that she tied 'Haunted' to her brother's book, and now she's doing it with another horror masterpiece. For a moment I thought it would be a good idea to base the whole album for the game, but maybe that's too much! Anyways, I like it how she made a special song of her career to be connected to the game as well, and it fits perfectly for the theme 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.