is there ANY adblocker that works on YouTube now?

tili33

AdBlock still works for me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aramis said:

ublock origin

That's the one I have and it doesn't work, YouTube made me disable it.

2 minutes ago, tili33 said:

That's the one I have and it doesn't work, YouTube made me disable it.

As I posted in another thread: 

Also use a non chromium based browser. 

12 minutes ago, Tropez said:

As I posted in another thread: 

Also use a non chromium based browser. 

So...Firefox? Maybe that's why it still works for me.

18 minutes ago, moo said:

So...Firefox? Maybe that's why it still works for me.

I use Microsoft Edge so that might help too 

AdBlock still works, all i have to do is exit the message and it lets me watch the video lol

36 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

I use Microsoft Edge so that might help too 

Edge is Chromium based. Every modern browser besides Firefox uses the Chromium Blink browser engine (including Opera, Vivaldi, Brave). The only exception is Safari, which uses WebKit, which is what Blink itself is based on. So Firefox, which uses the Gecko browser engine (which goes all the way back to Netscape 6), is the only truly alternative browser still in active use. The rest are just skins on top of Chromium.

Perhaps not being actual Chrome or Chromium helps with avoiding YouTube anti-adblock. I fear this won't last long though.

Edited by moo

mine works i just get a pop up sometimes saying it's not allowed but i never get adds 

i want it to stay that way...

so I'm gatekeeping 

best of luck tho

• Thumbs Down 1

I got adblock and premium! I was about to cancel it so I can afford netflix and my AI Voxbox subscription but guess i'm keeping it :skull:

I use DF YouTube (Distraction Free) on Firefox and it works like a charm. It has a ton of other features that I LOVE, for instance a totally blank front page. I hate seeing the random Trending ****, this is much better.

Screenshot-2023-10-16-at-10-28-33-PM.png

• Like 1

Just sign up for YouTube Premium, but do it using YouTube Turkey. It's the same thing, works the same, but it's only like $1 a month. Google it

I use firefox and ublock and I still got the notification from youtube. What worked for me was just blocking the element to hide the pop up and then blocking the element that gives the screen a dark tint. It won't let me scroll down to the comments but I can watch the videos just fine

Same solution for all the ATRL banners that don't have an x button :thing:

Edited by Illuminati

AdBlock works fine. I get a notification that ad blockers aren't allowed but that window disappears after like 10 seconds and I can use YouTube normally without ads without any disruptions .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.