Forbes:$780 million for the Eras NA leg, Taylor earned $305 million

Monster Queen

6 minutes ago, KOMH said:

Rest assured, she's coming for that billionaire status one way or another :heart:

I wouldn’t be surprised if she already is one. 

32 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Earnings =/= net worth 

Trying to gatekeep Billionaire status is insane :deadbanana4:

OT: I don't believe these numbers 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Goaty said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if she already is one. 

I mean at the end of the day, Forbes doesn't know anything. Unless they know the exact stake one has of a publicly traded entity or are fed information directly by someone (and even that can be frauded as we saw with Kylie Jenner), they only do estimations. No one except Taylor and her accountants know her actual net worth.

Edited by Feanor
  • Like 1

I mean these articles are never really trustworthy. Forbes pretty much already admitted to making **** up, see Kardashians. 

That said, I have no doubt that the Eras Toue will break all records

2 minutes ago, brazil said:

I mean these articles are never really trustworthy. Forbes pretty much already admitted to making **** up, see Kardashians. 

That said, I have no doubt that the Eras Toue will break all records

What they "admitted" was that Kris & Kylie Jenner grossly overestimated their success via revenue estimates, gross margins, forging fake tax returns forms and such

7 minutes ago, Feanor said:

I mean at the end of the day, Forbes doesn't know anything. Unless they know the exact stake one has of a publicly traded entity or are fed information directly by someone (and even that can be frauded as we saw with Kylie Jenner), they only do estimations. No one except Taylor and her accountants know her actual net worth.

Agreed. And although I imagine her assets tip into the 10-figure range, I find it highly unlikely she’ll ever give exact numbers — there is a strong stigma associated with that level of wealth. 

Never mind that it’s quite gauche for a public figure to discuss their finances so candidly. 

9 minutes ago, Liafen said:

What they "admitted" was that Kris & Kylie Jenner grossly overestimated their success via revenue estimates, gross margins, forging fake tax returns forms and such

And they take this at face value depending on who is presenting the information, conection, and perhaps even depending on how much they're being paid. I for one don't really trust their estimates or the ones from most media on this regard

1 minute ago, brazil said:

And they take this at face value depending on who is presenting the information, conection, and perhaps even depending on how much they're being paid. I for one don't really trust their estimates or the ones from most media on this regard

No, they speak to multiple analyst firms and conduct third-party interviews to confirm, hence their lower estimations - and the Kardashian team being infuriated.

After speaking with a handful of analysts and industry experts who also found the Jenners’ claims implausible, we settled on a more reasonable estimate for our 2017 Celebrity 100 list: $41 million in overall earnings for Kylie, good for the No. 59 spot. Kris was “so frustrated,” the Jenners’ PR flack shot back. “We’ve done so much.”

Two months later, a story appeared in WWD, a trade publication known as “the bible of fashion,” using the exact numbers the Jenners first tried to give Forbes. “There has been raging speculation about the size of her business, with guesstimates ranging from $50 million up to $300 million,” the story reads. “Well, here’s the bad news for more-established beauty players: Jenner’s surpassed the higher figure with ease. Kylie Cosmetics actually has done $420 million in retail sales—in just 18 months—Kris Jenner revealed. . . . ” It was the first time the Jenners had publicly disclosed the size of the business, the story boasted—“and they provided WWD with documentation.”

But I guess actually reading their article and doing your due diligence (like they did theirs) would be harder. :michael:

5 minutes ago, Liafen said:

No, they speak to multiple analyst firms and conduct third-party interviews to confirm, hence their lower estimations - and the Kardashian team being infuriated.

But I guess actually reading their article and doing your due diligence (like they did theirs) would be harder. :michael:

It's not something I'm that deeply involved in, but they did publish a full cover calling her a safe-made billionaire and only recanting when it was already public and known that she lied about her company value, meaning they could be even subject to lawsuit from the public company that acquired Kylie's business based on false information. If they had such an able due diligence team they wouldn't put out articles off by hundreds of millions of dollars, and would mpre trhoughly check on the information presented to then by an interested party.

13 minutes ago, brazil said:

It's not something I'm that deeply involved in, but they did publish a full cover calling her a safe-made billionaire and only recanting when it was already public and known that she lied about her company value, meaning they could be even subject to lawsuit from the public company that acquired Kylie's business based on false information. If they had such an able due diligence team they wouldn't put out articles off by hundreds of millions of dollars, and would mpre trhoughly check on the information presented to then by an interested party.

I think what you're not getting is that a journalist team cannot fully investigate a private company as they of course can't conduct a full audit of the numbers - especially if they are provided with forged ones. They did their fair share of due diligence at a level that it could be done by them, by interviewing several analysts and industry professionals to hone their estimates. They were off by 100 million or so as the corrected number was just below 900 million. 

Even professional fraudsters like Elizabeth Holmes survive long enough in the spotlight because of the limited verifiable information investors and journalists are getting. The lack of transparency is not something that they can control, no matter the "ableness of their due diligence team"; and certainly they are not liable by estimating certain amounts of wealth as it is in no way an "officially confirmed" figure that investors can base their own DD on.

They are making estimations to their best abilities. They do not take information at "face value" and they are certainly not paid by Kardashians or anyone else making these claims like you wrote. :skull: 

Can she just release the official boxscores so we can stop getting estimates every single day? :deadbanana:

5 hours ago, bjorn said:

THE POWER THAT HAS

SHES UNSTOPPABLE 

I think she is def. waiting until the end to obliterate everyone all at once. :deadbanana: They probably have hundreds of PR articles ready for when the tour ends and the #s drop.

This estimate makes more sense than some of the others I have seen. Just the other day there was a tweet claiming she would make $4b herself from this tour. :deadbanana: 

1 hour ago, Lille said:

Can she just release the official boxscores so we can stop getting estimates every single day? :deadbanana:

From a PR perspective, all of these articles are good for business. They keep the success of the tour in the press. If they dropped the official numbers, there would be less articles speculating.

Edited by Sannie

Why did I think artists got a lot more of the cut from tours. This is only 40%.

9 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

down from the $4B gross reported yesterday :deadbanana4:

By 2024, when the Eras Tour will end, Swift's ticket revenue could reach $4.8 billion.

not you believing it
200903_beyonce_dumb.jpg?quality=75&strip

• Like 1

5 hours ago, liam13 said:

not you believing it
200903_beyonce_dumb.jpg?quality=75&strip

Not you taking that post seriously :rip:

10 hours ago, Assassin said:

Why did I think artists got a lot more of the cut from tours. This is only 40%.

Typically artist get even less maybe 20-30%

2 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Typically artist get even less maybe 20-30%

Oh, wow, that low. When I heard people say that "the real money is in touring", I thought artists got a lot more of the cut, 50% at least.

12 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Oh, wow, that low. When I heard people say that "the real money is in touring", I thought artists got a lot more of the cut, 50% at least.

Well real money is in touring cause you eran way more than that from streaming or sales, also it helps in merch sales too ,and that makes a lot of money for Indie artist as they get much bigger cut. 

27 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Well real money is in touring cause you eran way more than that from streaming or sales, also it helps in merch sales too ,and that makes a lot of money for Indie artist as they get much bigger cut. 

oh, right. I forgot about merch. makes sense.

Wallen’s $70 million haul from his One Night at a Time tour would have been higher, but the singer opted to donate $3 from every ticket sold at his U.S. shows to the Morgan Wallen Foundation, which supports sports and music programs for youth. After a brief tour in Oceania, Wallen trekked across the United States. In April, he played to more than 39,000 in two shows at Milwaukee’s American Family Field, a record for the stadium. Last month, Wallen announced he was extending the tour through 2024 with 10 more U.S. shows.

male dolly 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.