Britney - Hold It Against Me Appreciation Thread

crf13

Yes and the performance at the FFT is underappreciated af. :loki:

• Like 1

I've said this before, but this is truly one of her best singles. It's such a burst of energy and that final, rave-y last chorus is absolutely euphoric! :smitten:

I hope at some point it gets a popularity resurgence or goes viral because it's so underrated :jonny2:

• Thanks 1

The best single of Femme Fatale by far, the bridge and the last chorus are :flame:

Deserves to goes viral on tik tok 

Her best 2010s song - the chart performance is kind of baffling though

Like it became her first top 5 radio hit. It debuted at #1, had huge first week sales of 400k+

But it's like every metric dropped it after a few weeks...such a good song

The release of this song was such a moment and it's such a stellar pop song. I definitely fell in love with her all over again thanks to Femme Fatale, as a whole.

• Like 1

Someone pull up the review from one of the most prominent pop music blogs of the time. It was ran by a gay (:thing:) Britney stan and the layout of the page was pink. I wish I could remember its name. It perfectly described why this song is so good.

Edited by dumbsparce

If I said this was one of her best singles, would you guys hold it against me? :eli:

The production on this song is just… I want to say immaculate, but even that feels like an understatement. The way it ebbs and flows, with fast paced verses to stripped back choruses, until that final chorus hits and practically ******* EXPLODES :WAP: I’ll never understand why this song had zero longevity and is lowkey forgotten. 

• Like 1

This was such a moment when it came out, rinsed this track and the album so hard back in the day. She was definitely a few steps ahead of the dubstep trend in mainstream music and the breakdown goes off. Shame the campaign execution was less than extrodinairy and her heart wasn't in it for obvious reasons.

The chorus melody is insane. I remember first hearing it in the Bonnie McKee demo that leaked - that really hyped me up for the actual release (which happened only a few days later if I recall)

4 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Someone pull up the review from one of the most prominent pop music blogs of the time. It was ran by a gay (:thing:) Britney stan and the layout of the page was pink. I wish I could remember its name. It perfectly described why this song is so good.

Was it MuuMuse

One of my least favorite Britney singles but still a solid 8.5/10

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

3 hours ago, AnonnonA said:

The chorus melody is insane. I remember first hearing it in the Bonnie McKee demo that leaked - that really hyped me up for the actual release (which happened only a few days later if I recall)

I hated the demo. Shows how Britney can upgrade a song. It is one of my favorite Britney songs now. 

Probably the last time I truly felt she released something special in the pop landscape.

10 hours ago, naval23 said:

Like it became her first top 5 radio hit. It debuted at #1, had huge first week sales of 400k+

I mean, didn’t she go to fishing with Jason when this was released? There was no promo for this. 
The choreo is weird but it kind of works for the dancers.

Drives me crazy every time I listen to it. 

I remember the demo leak and instant denial that that would be a Britney lead single, it was kind of a letdown at first :dies: the song grew on me instantly though, even moreso after the official release

14 hours ago, naval23 said:

Hold It Against remains a frontloaded flop. 

It’s only 2x platinum ELIGIBLE (not even certified!!) after 12 years. Those are terrible numbers for a #1. 

OT: tragic forgotten flop song. The fact that it’ll take DECADES to reach 100M on Spotity. :lakitu:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex Rover said:

Hold It Against remains a frontloaded flop. 

It’s only 2x platinum ELIGIBLE (not even certified!!) after 12 years. Those are terrible numbers for a #1. 

OT: tragic forgotten flop song. The fact that it’ll take DECADES to reach 100M on Spotity. :lakitu:

I mean kind of expected, it was released during digital era, that's why it broke the record for biggest first week for a female

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.