HDD: Bad Bunny #1 183/8k, Tomorrow x Together #3 117k, Offset #5 70k

Renan90

I think it’s normal if this does a bit less than UVST considering that album had a more poppy/ reggaeton sound while this album is mainly trap which is kinda a dying genre now. Excited about the double album theory, a second reggaeton album dropping soon makes so much sense considering the only reggaeton song is “un preview” and he literally says in the song it’s a preview of what’s coming next 

• Like 2

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Valance

• simmnfierzig

• liquiddiamonds

8 minutes ago, ReneighIsHere said:

I think it’s normal if this does a bit less than UVST considering that album had a more poppy/ reggaeton sound while this album is mainly trap which is kinda a dying genre now. Excited about the double album theory, a second reggaeton album dropping soon makes so much sense considering the only reggaeton song is “un preview” and he literally says in the song it’s a preview of what’s coming next 

Clubbing benefitted Un Verano a lot. Many of its songs were everywhere on the dancefloors and parties during that summer. This is not that type of album at all, so I’m expecting to fall in line with the numbers from his pre-Verano albums when all is said and done. 

• Like 1

QueenofCopyPaste
On 10/9/2023 at 12:46 PM, QueenofCopyPaste said:

LOOK AROUND EVERYBODY ON MUTE......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

Ready for the essays on how this is not a flop. Don't let us down girls!

If you think a SPANISH RAP album is a flop with this numbers is your problem 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Actually very good numbers for him, expected worse considering it's what he deserves.

• Haha 1

200-225k more than it should.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

ppl thinking this is bad

its just streaming alone/in spanish:rip:

yall are too used the old to physical era :dies: 

Edited by Katamari
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PoisonedIvy said:

He’s the biggest male soloist globally, and he’s top 5 in America so this is solid 

That would be The Weeknd. Bad Bunny is not used in Europe outside of Spain and Italy, Asia, Africa or Oceania. Also neither in brazil where they have 200m+ population. 

But it's very impressive that he pulls insane streaming numbers with just the Americas 

• Like 3

Hopefully Midnights can stay top 10 will all the debuts :dancehall2:

It should with the movie boost, but it might be close

We’re projecting five other new albums to rack up noteworthy first weeks. They range from The Name Chapter: Freefall, the latest from K-pop boy band TOMORROW X TOGETHER, to boygenius' the rest, an EP culled from the sessions for their acclaimed 2023 album, the record.

TOMORROW X TOGETHER (BIGHIT/Imperial/Republic): 80-100k
Offset (Motown): 55-65k
Ken Carson (Opium/Interscope): 40-45k
Troye Sivan (Capitol): 27-32k
boygenius (Interscope): 20-25k

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=337976&title=BELOW-BUNNY%3A-MORE-NEW-RELEASES

3 hours ago, fijitears said:

dissing Shakira and Karol G will do that 

Who said that? 

Offset is doing okay-ish numbers, because I swear he had no hype before the drop. Troye is doing well and as expected, especially since Rush had a cute debut but didn’t take off from there. I thought it would become his first top 40 song since Youth. It’s an upgrade from his previous albums. It amazes me how boygenius have better numbers than the solo releases from each member of the group lol but they have made such a cool commercial mark with The Record that I think their next works will become their most successful yet. I especially think Phoebe can pull a Mitski with the right moves and even score a hit

8 minutes ago, BloodLuster said:

but ATRL told us he ended Drake, what happened ?

he does WW

Bad Bunny has always been about longevity not  high debut weeks.  I don't think a trap album will have the same longevity but  atrlers are being to quick to write him off.

does he have physical out? it seems a bit low... like i expect something around the 250k range...

I think multiple things can be true at once: 

1. It’s slightly underwhelming… after the juggernaut success of UVST imo it’s unexpected to debut with this much lower. It seems his audience has stayed stable, which is more than fine, but I expected him to grow a bit.

2. It’s still a huge success taking away that comparison, for a Spanish album especially. And it’ll stick around for a while, even if it doesn’t have the same longevity of UVST.

9 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Ready for the essays on how this is not a flop. Don't let us down girls!

Huh? Selling 200k units with a Spanish album is very obviously not a flop. There should be 0 essays required to understand this fact 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.