Bad Bunny's new album becomes the biggest debut on Spotify in 2023. Is Midnights safe

MidnightsAtPeace

Congrats to Bad Bunny, he truly deserves this :clap3:

With Bad Bunny, Drake, and Olivia all out of the picture, I don't see anyone else breaking the all time Spotify record for the most-streamed album in 24 hours, but Taylor herself.... :jonny5:

Edited by MidnightsAtPeace

Midnights is safe. Bunny probably failed to beat his last album or they would have said highest latin debut

They're posting this on like the very end of the first day closure, and for Easy On Me and Midnights they posted mid-day (when the record was broken) iirc. So it's giving he barely surpassed the other albums mentioned, Midnights is beyond safe

Well #1 for 2023 prior to this was Speak Now which did 126m, so Taylor's Midnights record should be safe assuming he only has 3 hours left

Just now, Isaiah said:

Well #1 for 2023 prior to this was Speak Now which did 126m, so Taylor's Midnights record should be safe assuming he only has 3 hours left

It's actually Utopia (129m) but yes, and I think the tracking day is over cuz Spotify uses GMT

1 minute ago, Isaiah said:

The days for Spotify charts go by every 2am UK time iirc, so it's giving he has 2 minutes :deadbanana4:

He doesn't have any time left, Spotify uses UTC (or GMT) 

It was Travis Scott's album which did 128m, but yeah Midnights is safe until Taylor decides

I still can't believe Midnights did 185m like... literally nobody was expecting that 

:jonny:

Imagine if the 3am tracks were originally released with the album :redface:

• Like 10

Just now, By the Water said:

Imagine if the 3am tracks were originally released with the album :redface:

The 13 standard tracks doing 160M alone :redface:

1 minute ago, Ivan_brit said:

Who has the 2023 biggest day???

Wha are Midnights 1st day numbers?

Biggest of 2023 was Utopia by Travis which did 129m

Current record is Midnights which did 185m

1 minute ago, Ivan_brit said:

Who has the 2023 biggest day???

Wha are Midnights 1st day numbers?

biggest debut in 2023 was Utopia by Travis Scott which did 128m

Midnights did 185m 

Even if the 2 streaming powerhouses can’t beat her then she’s keeping that record :deadbanana2: she’s coming for #1 most streamed by mid 2024 

3 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Biggest of 2023 was Utopia by Travis which did 129m

Current record is Midnights which did 185m

2 minutes ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

biggest debut in 2023 was Utopia by Travis Scott which did 128m

Midnights did 185m 

Ohhh thanks either way doing above 130 million in 1 day is Huge :jonnycat: specially since less than 1 week ago we did not now that Bad Bunny album was coming today :worship:

Mediocrity won today, I fear.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 8

They didn’t mention the male record either so I assume it’s under 153(?)M

It does highlight how astronomical Midnights’ numbers were, but these are still great numbers for him. I think it’ll end up with pretty similar debut numbers to UVST tbh. Have a feeling the longevity won’t be quite as impressive this time, but it’ll pull huge numbers for a while. Too early to say for sure anyway so that’s just my guess.

Edited by Holiest Dreams
  • Like 4

are swifties gonna keep tabs on every A List release just to check on that record? :rip:

anyways, a slap in the face to the annoying people who kept saying he was falling off :coffee2:

even all the accounts on Twitter who always drag him were tuned in, king :clap3:

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.