The Marvels Tracking to open to $50-$75M Domestically

Arcadius

This would probably flop even at peak Marvel consumption, but now that it's in decline :skull: plus the fanboys hate for Brie Larson 

• Like 1

I was rooting for this movie but the trailers are so uninteresting. I hope they put some tie in at the end of season 2 of Loki to generate some buzz. 

The trailers are boring and I'm tired of super hero movies. Brie Larson lacks charisma imo.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

MCU really is in shambles huh?

• Haha 1

It looks boring and I’m a Captain Marvel stan

wbk Captain Marvel grossed 1B+ riding off Infinity War hype, pre-Endgame 2 months prior 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

it would've done much better if it was simply called "Captain Marvel 2", especially after the success of the first movie and Infinity War/Endgame. but of course no! they had to overcomplicate it and now i can guarentee you nobody knows what this movie is about. a sequel? a stand alone? a new IP? the marketing for this is such a unfocused mess :dies:

and that cheap "Ms Marvel" tv show is mudding the waters even more. nobody is gonna watch a movie based on that TV show but it seems they want to market it that way?

I thought "Captain Marvel" was really mid. so honestly it's not a loss. 

13 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

it would've done much better if it was simply called "Captain Marvel 2", especially after the success of the first movie and Infinity War/Endgame. but of course no! they had to overcomplicate it and now i can guarentee you nobody knows what this movie is about. a sequel? a stand alone? a new IP? the marketing for this is such a unfocused mess :dies:

and that cheap "Ms Marvel" tv show is mudding the waters even more. nobody is gonna watch a movie based on that TV show but it seems they want to market it that way?

I thought "Captain Marvel" was really mid. so honestly it's not a loss. 

I hate to agree. I really love Ms Marvel as a character but she’s not movie ready. This should’ve been Captain Marvel 2. If you wanted a cute scene with Ms Marvel meeting Carol Danvers, could’ve been an after credit scene. That could’ve been fun. But to center this whole film around the 3 of them just switching powers? And apparently there’s no connection to the overall MCU ongoing story to this, it’s like a one off story. This was destined to flop. Like someone said earlier, it’ll would’ve underperformed during peak MCU, and now?… 

With all that said, I still have my tickets lmao

How bad is this? Will it do 300, 400, 500 M or more when it's all said or done?

Edited by Roberto

isnt that enough to be number one tho :rip: 

It’s really amazing how quickly the Marvel balloon deflated. Endgame was the movie event of our lifetimes. I have literally never heard anyone in real life talk about any of the subsequent Marvel movies ever again. 

4 minutes ago, Dephira said:

It’s really amazing how quickly the Marvel balloon deflated. Endgame was the movie event of our lifetimes. I have literally never heard anyone in real life talk about any of the subsequent Marvel movies ever again. 

GOTG volume 3 and Spider-Man kinda slayed…..but yes, people are slowly but surely moving the hell on. 

Just like how DC has no interest from audiences unless Batman or Joker are involved. DC is legit in SHAMBLES 

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

GOTG volume 3 and Spider-Man kinda slayed…..but yes, people are slowly but surely moving the hell on. 

Just like how DC has no interest from audiences unless Batman or Joker are involved. DC is legit in SHAMBLES 

I completely forgot about those :rip: GOTG 3 was a good movie. Spider Man was an event too. But then Spider Verse did the same concept a million times better and everyone kinda forgot about it. The problem is, didn't Ant-Man 3 set up the next arc? And I have not heard anyone talk about that at all, nor the many Disney Plus shows. Spider Man will always be a draw but the Marvel brand overall seems very dead 

48 minutes ago, Dephira said:

this. 

Honestly there is just no hype for Marvel movies anymore outside of the big names. Realistically Marvel movies are probably going to all be similar (Outside of like Spiderman and such as mentioned) until the X-Men come out. Nobody I know has talked about them anymore. 

JustLikeHoney

Of course it's going to Flop the only reason the first one did well was because Wonder Woman was so good and people were hungry for another female led superhero. Too bad the movie was just meh...  The Secret Invasion show was God awful. The only Character that was in a good project was Monica Rambeau. 

The MCU post-Endgame has been a general misfire. They needed strong followups to that film, not these type of random one-off films one after the other. No Way Home has been the only real event since Endgame. I don't necessarily see the MCU actually doing anything impressive for the rest of Phase 5—until, maybe, Blade in 2025.

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

To be fair, Marvel didn't gather up speed until after the second movie in phase 3. 

This year has been disaster for MCU

- Ant-Man 3 underperforming

- Kang actor personal life

- Strikes delaying their multiple projects

- Secret Invasion 

- Now this....

Only saving grace this year was GOTG3 for them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.