So I tried to divide Europe into regions... do you agree with it?

Before Today

switzerland and germany should be with western

estonia is nordic but the other two baltic countries are either central or eastern 

I've never heard of anyone referring to "Southeastern Europe". It's basically, Western, Eastern and sometimes Southern. Germany, Austria, the Scandinavian counties, Switzerland and potentially a couple of others would consider themselves Western. Spain and Italy are simultaneously Southern and Western

Some of the central European countries could be considered Eastern due to culture... but that's just me x

Looks pretty good but I feel like Latvia and the other 2 countries should probably also be eastern rather than northern. I think they align more close to Russia culturally.

9 minutes ago, Take Me Apart said:

switzerland and germany should be with western

estonia is nordic but the other two baltic countries are either central or eastern 

I’m sorry but Estonia can’t into Nordick

So basically almost equal to the map from Wikipedia

undefined

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

So where’s Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Australia??

3 minutes ago, dussel_06 said:

Those aren’t considered European, and Australia was already colored. It’s next to Spain. 

17 minutes ago, Take Me Apart said:

12 minutes ago, Timber said:

Looks pretty good but I feel like Latvia and the other 2 countries should probably also be eastern rather than northern. I think they align more close to Russia culturally.

I can see why. The 3 Baltic states were part of USSR after all. The further south the Baltic state is, the less perceived as Northern Europe it is, although Northern Europe doesn't have to be Nordic. Estonia is probably the closest to being 'Nordic', and the fact that Estonian is in the same language family as Finnish. Latvian & Lithuanian are in their own separate language family, and its close relative is... Slavic. However Latvia has been traditionally Protestant due to its history link to the Hanseatic league, compared to Catholic Lithuania and Orthodox Russia. I put them in Northern Europe in respect with their geographical locations and their effort to de-Russia themselves.

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Who named europe europe

That would be ancient Greeks

1 hour ago, dussel_06 said:

So where’s Australia??

1 hour ago, Tropez said:

and Australia was already colored. It’s next to Spain. 

:confused:

• Haha 1

Yes thank you for including Poland with Germany and the more western countries :clap3:

2 hours ago, dussel_06 said:

And Israel too?

Spoiler

For those who think the comment is serious, it's not :eddie:

Edited by blown away

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.