Final: #1 Katy 170k/187k

Duca

Suddenly a major pop girl doing less than 200k and free falling on iTunes is "not bad".

So why were you dragging Joanne's first week numbers? 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aurora

• Lemon Drops

• ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚

• sadnews

38 minutes ago, Chanel Oberlin said:

you gotta be so deluded to think Joanne didnt have any major promo :rip::skull: 

What major promo did Joanne have prior to its release? :ahh:

1 hour ago, artangel said:

sis it's really bad CONSIDERING that Witness had a top 5 hit, 2 successful music videos (1 viral), having her entire album on YouTube,all the promo she did and coming off of an era like Prism is extremely worrying...while Joanne is country-ish and no promo basically + Gaga didn't have sucessfull era before Joanne

You still pitch it against Joanna lmao. Can you keep the competition out of this thing?

Katy is doing okay for this sales climate, and for her extremely messiness in the last few months. Her last 2 singles tanked, the media turned their back on her. Prism is 4 years ago. She took a really long break, and the industry changed drastically in those years

Oh wow oh wow.gif!!!

This is way better then I was expecting for Katy. Sleigh!

Not indie artist SZA holding up better on iTunes without promo. :rip:

8 hours ago, Kkamjong said:

The same few members posting on every page :skull: The numbers aren't good, but they aren't bad either. It's expected considering her lessened radio support and her lack of hits this era. The album is better than PRISM and that's all I care about. Y'all can stay seething I guess :rip: If she picks her next few singles correctly and does more effective promo, i'm sure it'll at least scan gold and have some longevity. It's a good album but is being shrouded with negative press, bad singles, and people are off put by her current look. I think over time it'll settle.

Her first flop era was bound to come. No one is immune from flopping at some point. Get your life I guess :lmao: 

Exactly, I mean they are even more delusional than some katycats if they are comparing it to Prism's numbers when she was literally THE BIGGEST FEMALE POPSTAR after Roar's mega-success and off the fresh momentum of the blockbuster Teenage Dream era, while now the whole media and half the world are turned against her.  

3 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

when she was literally THE BIGGEST FEMALE POPSTAR after Roar's mega-success 

I disagree.

Prism's numbers don't support that. 

9 hours ago, One Nation said:

And there it is! The consumer has to CHOOSE to redeem the album in order for the album to count towards sales! That's call a formula my dear. :lmao: 

Try again. 

I can't believe it's not even in the top 5 anymore. 

But she will still debut at #1 so it's fine for now 

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

I disagree.

Prism's numbers don't support that. 

Ok so who was it around that time then? Gaga?

7 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Exactly, I mean they are even more delusional than some katycats if they are comparing it to Prism's numbers when she was literally THE BIGGEST FEMALE POPSTAR after Roar's mega-success and off the fresh momentum of the blockbuster Teenage Dream era, while now the whole media and half the world are turned against her.  

And now she's off fresh the momentum of her BIGGEST ERA EVER (you implied that) according to your logic so why isn't she smashing? The whole media and half the world fdjsks the exaggeration. 

It's incredibly shocking to see her performing in this manner but again she'll debut at the top of the charts so it doesn't quite matter I guess 

Scared for week two numbers. Still bop to Bon Appetite 

Edited by MusicBiz234

1 hour ago, MaMaZeng said:

Suddenly a major pop girl doing less than 200k and free falling on iTunes is "not bad".

So why were you dragging Joanne's first week numbers? 

This is only effective if you find actual quotes. As far as I remember, most people were impressed Gaga was pulling 200k after Artpop.

1 hour ago, Erotic said:

What major promo did Joanne have prior to its release? :ahh:

im still waiting for this person to respond lol .

Respectable numbers. I dunno how the tour bundle stuff work but if she was rly flopping as hard as some people are saying even that wouldn't be doing ha much favors.

I would love to see the number minus the tour bundle. I wonder if Billboard will release it. 

1 hour ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

And now she's off fresh the momentum of her BIGGEST ERA EVER (you implied that) according to your logic so why isn't she smashing? The whole media and half the world fdjsks the exaggeration. 

It's incredibly shocking to see her performing in this manner but again she'll debut at the top of the charts so it doesn't quite matter I guess 

Did I say she held the title for the whole era? It was gone by the moment Unconditionally "underperformed" by her then standards and then after Dark Horse revived the era again, Birthday and This Is How We Do buried it back even deeper. :rip:

And NO, she is not 'off fresh' when she literally took almost 3 years of break if we count the time AFTER the singles and A LOT has happened during that time that turned off a lot of people. Lets not forget that. 

AND I don't know how is it an exaggeration when the truth is out there for everyone to see SO CLEARLY :deadbanana2:, and kinda ironic at this comment coming from the person who runs over heels to any thread here on ATRL relating to the news of media trashing her almost everyday. It's only calmed down a little now after she did the livestream and some amount of people saw how genuine and real and honest she is. 

21 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

all the pressed people saying "without the tour bundle she'd do ____ :ahh::ahh:"

billboard will count the tour bundle sales, get over it. :dies:

:toofunny2: 

1 hour ago, FameFatale said:

I would love to see the number minus the tour bundle. I wonder if Billboard will release it. 

this thread would be a mess if they did. 

1 hour ago, sadnews said:

witness is #7, #180 itunes.. 

sadnews indeed

2 hours ago, sadnews said:

witness is #7, #180 itunes.. 

What the :shakeno: this album deserves more

2 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

What the :shakeno: this album deserves more

Deserves... more success... or more floppage? :fan: