Paloma Faith - 'The Glorification of Sadness'

SeanKevinMusic

9 hours ago, Joesuxx said:

I generally can’t tell if you’re serious? She’s arguably a million times more successful since she shot the holy quadrant of album artworks. Baring in mind nobody knew her the first album, she has moderate success with the second album and all of her mainstream collabs were released after the third? Her airplay exposure has been great and she’s had radio hits with each album. She’s rarely if ever not touring and her tours sell well. The art direction just isn’t there for the visuals. 

Her first 3 albums are all among the best selling albums in UK of the past 15 years, The Architect was big too. Her recent Infinite Things was a complete flop though so it's not like she was bigger now, her first few years were massive.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• computer.boy

• sam.teas

• PerfectContradiction

• campelo

25 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Her first 3 albums are all among the best selling albums in UK of the past 15 years, The Architect was big too. Her recent Infinite Things was a complete flop though so it's not like she was bigger now, her first few years were massive.

So to say that the reason it flopped is the excuse for the low budget artwork is kinda redundant. They didn’t know it was a flop when they were shooting the artwork and in fairness it’s perhaps her most crafted for radio record (so far).  She always said the infinite things artwork was to mark a shift as her as an artist 

I really don't understand why are y'all obsessed with her first four Coverlandia'd covers :deadbanana4:

They were phenomenal for the time, but would look rather cheap in this day and age, when everything is so digitalised already and every artist is moving towards simplicity.

I personally love the cover. It's giving Paloma's version of 25.

• Like 2

"A Perfect Contradiction" remains as her best album cover, imo. About "The Architect / TGOS"… I just changed the artworks via iTunes.

As long as the music is good, it's not that deep, imo.

• Like 1

Hopefully the tracks on the album are as good as some of the ones that haven’t made it.

infinite Things was a chore to get through so this should be a massive improvement if the lead single is anything to go by.

Edited by MikeS88

2 hours ago, MikeS88 said:

Hopefully the tracks on the album are as good as some of the ones that haven’t made it.

infinite Things was a chore to get through so this should be a massive improvement if the lead single is anything to go by.

This!

12 hours ago, MikeS88 said:

Wait are there outtakes out there?

On 11/2/2023 at 9:15 AM, computer.boy said:

Tracklist:

01. Sweatpants

02. Pressure (feat. Kojey Radical)

03. God In a Dress

04. How You Leave a Man

05. There's Nothing More Human Than Failure

06. Bad Woman

07. Cry On the Dance Floor

08. Say My Name

09. Let It Ride

10. The Big Bang Ending

11. Eat Sh*t and Die

12. Divorce

13. Hate When You're Happy

14. Enjoy Yourself

15. I Am Enough

16. Mirror to Mirror

17. Already Broken

Source?

1 hour ago, Gold said:

why does nobody here like infinite things?

It was a little bit messy IMO. The single choices were pretty dull compared to other tracks from the album (Supernatural, Monster, Living With a Stranger). Starting the era with "Better Than This"… was a choice. A lot of people were also debating about the visuals / album cover.

Lastly, the lack of promo but I think a few people forget that Paloma was pregnant during that era and there was some kind of risk (?) if I remember correctly she posted something about it on IG.

With that being said, I genuinely enjoyed Infinite Things, the vocal mixing was done pretty well (compared to The Architect) there's a couple bops and I like the artwork! My only skips are "Gold / Me Time / I'd Die For You" since I think they're a little bit cheesy.

3 hours ago, computer.boy said:

My only skips are "Gold / Me Time / I'd Die For You" since I think they're a little bit cheesy.

Not my top 3 :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gold said:

why does nobody here like infinite things?

Because it‘s bland and boring.

• 2 weeks later...

Snippet of Track 6 "Bad Woman"!

Produced by Martin Wave

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Eglė said:

I'm hoping this is a good "oh she's taking it"?

yea honestly the architect/ a perfect contradiction were really solid. I enjoyed them basically back to front

Infinite Things definitely didn't catch me in the same way, fingers crossed this does!

Bad woman is a SLAYYY

• 4 weeks later...

composers:

1. Paloma Faith, Clarence Coffee Jr & Evan Blair
2. Paloma Faith, Gerard O'Connell, Tommy Baxter, William Kennard, Saul Milton & Kojey Radical
3. Paloma Faith, Martin Wave, Neil Ormandy, JBACH & Kelsy Karter
5. Paloma Faith
7. Paloma Faith, MJ Cole & Nat Dunn
8. Paloma Faith, Fred Cox, Koda, Liam Bailey & Michael Stafford
9. Paloma Faith, Neil Ormandy, JBACH & Kelsy Karter
10. Paloma Faith
11. Paloma Faith, Liam Bailey, Holly Lapsley Fletcher, Fred Cox & Neil Ormandy
12. Paloma Faith, Edward James Carlile & Savannah Jada Iley
13. Paloma Faith, Gerard O'Connell, Tommy Baxter & Dayyon Alexander
14. Paloma Faith, Talay Riley & Edward Thomas
15. Paloma Faith, Fred Cox & Liam Bailey
16. Paloma Faith
17. Paloma Faith, Amy Wadge, Jakob Hazell & Svante Halldin

There's another single coming in January, unless plans change 
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.