Paloma Faith - 'The Glorification of Sadness'

SeanKevinMusic

Which do you all think are single worthy songs?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• computer.boy

• sam.teas

• PerfectContradiction

• campelo

The album gets better as it progresses, I love the second half of it, especially because it gets more and more personal.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PerfectContradiction said:

if she wants numbers Cry On The Dancefloor
If she wants to show her artistry Sweatpants, Eat **** and Die or Divorce (specially for older GP)

Alt Cover (HQ):

spacer.png

Couple of pics found in the physical copies:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, computer.boy said:

Alt Cover (HQ):

spacer.png

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

without the filter is good too
spacer.png

• Like 1

Her singing Eat S**t and Die kinda like if it was a joyful love song is SENDING me :ahh: 

A lot of solid songs but it's easy to get lost in the shuffle with how many there are, the rest will grow after a few listens.

• Like 1

Say My Name, Let it Ride and Eat **** and Die are single material...but she might release Cry On the Dance Floor, because it's catchy and radio friendly

• Like 1

This album needs a bit more time with me I think but so far I've only listened it twice . I hope I get into the tracks more the more I listen to it. Her vocal production on some tracks have stripped the natural sound from her voice, maybe that is what is throwing me a bit off

Based on the initial listen I put a star on How You Leave A Man, Let It Ride and Divorce

Hopefully this album has a lot of growers to me:wave2:

I'm just going to say it, Eat Sh** and Die >>> Cry on the Dancefloor  :gaycat5:

Why is her mixing ALWAYS f'd up :biblio:

Her mixing is amazing :skull: one thing about her is that her productions / everything technical sounds so expensive like an A lister :WAP:

Hate to see you happy really stood out for me. It’s very personal in a refreshing way. 

She's been a co-executive producer on her album's since her third album in 2014

She just performed “Sweatpants” on The Jonathan Ross Show and slayed. :clap3:

On 2/16/2024 at 9:46 PM, PerfectContradiction said:

Eat **** And Die, Let It Ride, Cry On The Dancefloor, God In A Dress.

22 hours ago, computer.boy said:

Alt Cover (HQ):

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

I need Spotify to ******* enable a cover switch option. This or even the back cover for the tracklist would've been so much better than the final artwork.

Conflicted about this album. Her first three albums had magic, but her last three all feel bloated, have lyric issues, and weird mixing :noparty:

It does have some good songs! I love God In a Dress, Eat **** And Die, and Hate When You're Happy :clap3: 

Can't listen to Sweatpants because the lyrics are so cringy (sorry) and a loooot of the songs suffer in the choruses because of the mixing, especially on her voice. On Fall To Grace and A Perfect Contradiction her voice sounded so clear, full, and in the foreground. Now it feels thin in the choruses, layered, and muffled away in the production. It's a shame imo :monkey:

I do appreciate her trying out different sounds like with Pressure, btw, even tho it's not my style

• Like 1

Why is the sound of all her albums since "The Architect" so muffled and compressed? Sounds really messy and her powerful voice deserves better.

The production is… something. :rip:

Bad Woman, Cry On The Dance Floor are good:katie2:

hmmm i thought i’d like this more since i enjoyed the singles a lot but it’s too bloated and a lot of these songs are just boring, even the more upbeat ones lack strong melodies

Cry On the Dancefloor for example, has the ingredients for a Robyn style sadbanger but the chorus comes and it just kinda brings it to a halt. it needed to be a punchy earworm and it’s just :noparty: 

Edited by Scandalous

imo this is her second or third best album....I really love it and I'm glad it's a REAL DIVORCE ALBUM, like in your face divorce.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.