Christina Aguilera Announces New Series of Las Vegas Shows With A Truly Modern Twist

starsailor

Christina Aguilera

The genie is officially out of the bottle: Pop superstar Christina Aguilera is heading back to Las Vegas.

On Tuesday (Oct. 10), Aguilera exclusively announced with Billboard her new series of shows set to take place at the Voltaire Belle de Nuit at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas starting New Year’s Eve weekend. Taking place in Voltaire’s “seductively cozy” performance space, the show will follow the singer through two decades of hit songs.

“I look forward to bringing Las Vegas a new show that fuses music, sophistication and art in ways I have never performed before,” Aguilera says in a statement. “What I love about the intimacy at Voltaire at The Venetian Resort is how up-close-and-personal I can be with the audience … a truly modern twist on the performance experience.”

The new shows will officially kick off Dec. 30 and 31, with future dates set to be announced on Friday (Oct. 13). In a statement, Voltaire founder Michael Gruber says the venue’s goal is to create “superstar artist experiences in Las Vegas” and that the “incredibly talented” Aguilera will help “highlight that Voltaire experience.”

Aguilera is not the only artist set to grace the Voltaire stage this year: Back in July, pop singer Kylie Minogue announced that she would be the first performer to bring a residency to the venue starting Nov. 3. In a subsequent interview with Billboard, the “Padam Padam” singer described the venue as “a cross between a ‘30s cabaret club and Studio 54.”

Meanwhile, Aguilera made headlines for her own live performance earlier this year when she headlined NYC’s Pride Island back in late June, where she celebrated the LGBTQ community with a set of her biggest hits to date. “There’s a lot of bleak things out there right now,” she told the crowd during her dazzling set. “We are here tonight and we stand in unison to be free to be ourselves.”

Tickets for the opening dates of Christina Aguilera’s Voltaire shows go on sale Friday (Oct. 13) at Voltaire’s website.

Font:
https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/christina-aguilera-las-vegas-shows-voltaire-1235438117/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

:gaycatina1:

Edited by starsailor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReH2o

• starsailor

• I54X

• Assassin

Hate that pic. WTF.

But this is actually kind of cool. Would love to see my faves in smaller venues.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, on the line said:

Hate that pic. WTF.

But this is actually kind of cool. Would love to see my faves in smaller venues.

It's not small, it's "cozy" and "intimate".:eli:

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, Braz said:

It's not small, it's "cozy" and "intimate".:eli:

I wasn't even being shady, but a 1000 capacity venue is SMALL. That'll be such a great X-perience for her fans. 

The last time she tried a modern twist, we got Bionic. :rip:

• Haha 11
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, on the line said:

I wasn't even being shady, but a 1000 capacity venue is SMALL. That'll be such a great X-perience for her fans. 

it's trully a small place, yeah. But let's wait and see the conception of the show first. It will be designed for it, so it have to make sense with it, right?

I just want a killer performance in this new gay heaven sacred place.

PQkbjNf.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

come thru Queen of Vegas

The pic is serving Madam X, looks promising

• Like 2

I hope it’s not too expensive. Would love to see her in a more intimate venue. I really dislike large arena shows. 

27 minutes ago, Infatuation_Junkie said:

The last time she tried a modern twist, we got Bionic. :rip:

ntm on bionic

it was more interesting than every album after it

Edited by Bicassie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.