Wired vs wireless earphones?

Hurem

Wired vs. wireless earphones?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Wired
    • Wireless

I've been using AirPods Pro since 2021 and I thought the sound was great, especially with noice cancellation.

Last week I had to use Apple's wired earphones (because AirPods' mic is not it) and I feel like the sound is SO much better. I'm hearing things that I wasn't able to hear for some time now.

lD1EV2M.gif

Which do you prefer? Which do you use?

lD1EV2M.gif

Airpods pro 2 are it, no wires for me

lD1EV2M.gif

I have Airpods max as well but I use my Pro 2 way more

I'm using the Beats Solo 3 rn after being fed up with AirPods. I like the sound quality a lot better but wearing a headset for long periods of time is not really the tea, I might switch to ear piece ones again soon, but I dunno about AirPods anymore.

wired outsold. I'd get the pros but the fact that they're in-ear is such a turn off. My ears just rejects that sh.t :michael:

• ATRL Moderator

Wireless headphones are much more convenient. I'll take the slight decrease in sound quality

I was hesitant to make the switch to wireless due to my fear of them falling out and getting lost/broken but now I'd never go back to wired. No more tangled up wires which eventually get frayed and damaged.

I use wireless headphones, it's more practical. But it is a fact that wired sounds better. 

At home I have a pretty nice wired setup with a full external DAC and headphone amp.

On the go I use Samsung Buds 2 Pro. They use special lossless wireless codecs when connected to other Samsung products and sound miles better than my airpods did. I find myself reaching for them at home too now despite the literal rack of audio gear on my desk. I've even stopped bringing my Sony XM4's on flights because the buds are way smaller and cancel almost as much noise. :rip:

Just being able to put some earbuds in without connecting anything or fiddling with settings is really a game changer once you get a pair with good enough sound quality. 

Edited by Century
  • Like 1

Wired headphones normally 

Wired. Until wireless can support lossless audio, wired will always be my choice.

Bluetooth really sucks for audio. I use the beats flex because I don't like individual earbuds plus the case. But I don't use them often anyway, I work from home and use my Sonos all the time.

Wired! Bluetooth isn’t really set up for lossless quality and I have a lot of lossless files. 

Wireless. I use headphones mostly in the gym or on the go and couldn’t imagine fumbling with wires. 

Wireless, but I tend to always have my wireless ones plugged in when I'm at home. :dancehall2:

I used cheap wired earbuds

I have a pair of expensive Beats headset but I never use it although those are wired too. For earbuds I prefer wired. I buy like the $9.99 ones and I think they sound fine

wireless cuz im super clumsy n i like to move my body a lot

Wireless but wired does sound better there’s no debating that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.