Ashlee Simpson preparing pop rock comeback

okgo

Ashlee Simpson is expressing interest in returning to her pop rock sound!

The 39-year-old singer and actress is well known for her albums Autobiography and I Am Me, and fans have been waiting for new music for many years. In a newly released interview, Ashlee shared how she stills listens to the music that inspired her then, and her daughter Jagger is actually helping inspire her now.

“For me, yes, I still resonate. I’m still a teen-angsty mom,” she told Popsugar. “I’m like yes, Jagger, we’re going to jump around and dance.” She even noted that her daughter is loving Olivia Rodrigo and even her own old albums.

“I’m inspired that my daughter is so inspired by my old albums.” Her last solo LP was 2008's Bittersweet World, but now, with all of her kids in school, she's gearing up to return to her music career. "I have the itch and I'm very ready," she says.

In the fall of 2022, Ashlee surprised fans by jumping on stage to perform her song “La La” with Demi Lovato on the LA stop of her Holy **** Tour. She then later told Jennifer Hudson earlier this year that she has to come out with a new album.

Will it materialize this lifetime?

V62iFLe.jpg

Edited by okgo
  • Like 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• znake

• okgo

• drivers license

• 50thStateofMind

RUBBISH?! Did she mean GARBAGE? :rip:

But I am excited!

• Haha 2

I Am Me had some bangers too, especially deep cuts

• Thanks 1

We are not ready for her comeback :jonny5:She walked so Lady Gaga and Katy Perry can run. They straight up copied her hair too.

ASHLEE-SIMPSON-PHOTO-.jpeg

katyperry_l.jpg

premium-rates-may-apply-user-is-not-perm

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Miichael said:

Serve us another Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya) instead!

best song of all time i fear

I’ll be here always for her :WAP:

please go on tour, I was so young in 2003-2008 !! I need to see here !

• Like 1

She kinda missed her to window to capitalize on the pop rock revival but she should totally go for it nonetheless

• Like 2

:ahh::ahh:

• Thumbs Down 6

Still find it so strange that SNL-gate ended her career. Our blind dislike for any type of lip syncing (when almost every pop artist employs the use of playback - or are even required to use it in certain live situations on TV) has poisoned so much dialogue about music. She shouldn’t have had to feel embarrassed in the first place. We all know if she sang live and sounded bad the reaction would have been equal, if not worse.

Happy to hear she feels ready to make new music. Autobiography is a nearly bulletproof album and Undiscovered is an emotional masterpiece.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomTom said:

EVERYBODY MOVED :jonny5:

Pathetic 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.