european atrl-ers, how are you dealing with the bed bug epidemic?

Asscatchem

What is causing the epidemic? Some sort of mutation? Lax regulation and enforcement? Mass migration? Climate change? Please someone answer me

OMG I need flights to and from Europe to be suspended :biblio: 

So I work in this private student's housing place slash hotel and we had a guy who checked in and then reported "insects" in his room.

He showed me photos, I gave him other room on a different floor

He comes back showing me more photos 

And then that happened again after I finished my shift

Guess what were those insects and where did they come from :rip:

Im from Southamerica and i agree. Close the borders. We dont want those creatures here in The Americas :giraffe: :emofish:

0j1sgMV.gif

9 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Im from Southamerica and i agree. Close the borders. We dont want those creatures here in The Americas :giraffe: :emofish:

0j1sgMV.gif

They're already invading CDMX :redface:

• Confused 1

Some Mexican Mylene Farmer stans were just saying how when they went to see her back in July the hotels in France were full of those bugs :deadbanana2:

Also, once in my own home like 10 years ago a bed got full of them, but we were lucky enough they didn't come back or get to other bedrooms, we just needed to change that wood bed for a metalic one, and of course getting rid of that mattress. Sometimes it's not that easy since they can make their nests in hidden places :katie:

1 hour ago, Contessa said:

What is causing the epidemic? Some sort of mutation? Lax regulation and enforcement? Mass migration? Climate change? Please someone answer me

Maybe all of them. Big cities with high densities are great for plagues by itselves. Bed bugs are said to survive better in warmer climates so the climate change might help in that. Also, those bugs by this point can survive to most chemicals, the only effective way of getting rid of them nowadays is with physical methods, so it's not just as easy as fumigating and 'that's it', a lot of stuff needs to be done to end them :mazen:

2 hours ago, Contessa said:

Just people living in dirty situations probably because they're too busy working all the time and don't have time to clean their house.

44 minutes ago, Rebel Lion said:

Just people living in dirty situations probably because they're too busy working all the time and don't have time to clean their house.

bed bugs aren't attracted to dirt/decomposing food, they can thrive in extremely clean places as long as they have places to populate (i.e., a mattress) which is part of why it's difficult to get rid of them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.