Do you have a Diverse group of Friends?

AvadaKedavra

I am from South America, and since I was a child, I used to watch those American shows where there were different races-ethnicities, and everyone spoke,had fun and shared equally. Shows like Power Rangers, Anime, Disney, and Cartoon Network shows with so much diversity. So, I always idealized this image that in the USA-Europe, everyone treated each other equally, and everyone had the same opportunities. Some sort of amazing melting pot

:rogue:

In the years-decades that followed, as I became more active on social media (specially Twitter) Educated, and had online connections in the English-speaking world, I realized that generally there's a lot of tension between racial groups in the anglo world-worldwide, I also realized how in Social media Latinos tend to follow other Latinos mostly, White individuals connect with other white individuals, Black People with other Black people, Asians with other Asians, and so on. Everyone seems to stick to their own groups. Look the list of "following" on twitter and analyze people :giraffe:

I wondered, is this the case in the United States-Northamerica-UK-Europe in the real life, or is it just on social media?
Do different ethnic and racial groups talk to each other all the time or mostly keep to themselves?
How racially segretated are things in Northamerica and Europe?
Can u build long-lasting connections with people from different racial groups there?
if i move to The States in the future i have to stay in my Latino Community-Bubble exclusively????

As a Latino, I want to have Latino friends:gaycat5:, but I also get bored and i want to connect with people from different groups from all the corners of earth. Unfortunately, even though my South American country is very ethnic diverse, it is still quite homogenous.

The customs,lifestyle,family dynamics of white people-black people-asian-middle eastern-indian people are still very unknown to me and i wanna learn more........but i dont know how to approach different groups.  It feels harder today with all the anger! and vitriol and how everyone has too many walls. (Some of those totally valid of course)

Do you have friends of different races? How open are you to people from different communities than yours?
Are we gettin too divided in this new era of fascism? Should we be more united and share about our cultures with each other?
not appropiation. More like appreciation???
No hate in this thread. Only good discussions and love :chick1:

depositphotos_52453651-stock-photo-picture-of-multi-ethnic-people.jpg

I don't live in a diverse area so no, but I have had friends from various backgrounds and paths in life which kept it interesting.

IRL I have no friends. 

In my head? I'm friends with a lombax, some depressed guy, a crazy archeologist, another crazy archeologist, a dragon trainer, a guy with daddy issues who went to a space captain's academy, a blue hedgehog, Melissa Vandella, and an impossible prince from Rosaria. 

So yeah pretty diverse I'd say.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

Surprisingly, yes. We have Korean descent, Carribean descent, Latin descent, British, Nigerian, Pakistani.. it's kinda crazy actually thinking about it because I never like heavily thought about it. They simply are just my close friends :skull: 

Edited by LustSpell

I have friends of different ethnicities, sexual and gender identities but they're all the same race mostly. So, In some ways yes in one way no.

I don't have friends :chick3: but my co-workers come from all over the world especially Vietnam, Africa and some other european nations.

• Like 1

At this point I just enjoy people for the present moment, I don't really try to make friends anymore. I like personal space. :redface:

Thanks for your answers sistrens  :chick1::heart:  glad this thread is goin well. 

For everyone lonely here. I been reading how there's a pandemic-epidemic of solitude today worldwide :emofish:
Lets be friends :gaycat: lets have a thread of friendship in the future :hug: or how we hate people and love to be alone :biblionana:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

racially diverse? not very, but (unintentionally) i've always lived in very white areas

I currently don’t have any friends (by choice) as people annoy me too much and every friendship I’ve had has ended the same way with me phasing them out of my life. I have a big family though, so I still do things with my siblings and niece / nephews.

I just enjoy my own company way too much to have anymore friends. :gaycat:

My friend group is servings friends cast tbh :rip:

Racially diverse no, sexuality wise yes. I'm Turkish but I was born and raised in the Netherlands but there were a lot of cultural differences in the way I was raised and the way my friends were raised, so sometimes I do wish I had more friends that also have parents who are non-Dutch so I could share and talk some of our experiences. But regardless I love my friends a lot.

Edited by Love Again

My gamer friends are Latino, White, Black & Asian

Racially? Yes

Religion & Sexuality? No

Yes, it’s the norm for people in places like NY, SF, LA, etc.  

Yes, I have a lot of diverse internet friends

sub-buzz-3915-1610365039-4.png?downsize=

growing up yes but I haven’t really kept up with anyone now I’m on my own with a white girl as a uni friend 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.