Pinhead is a queer icon. Surprised and why?

GuyNextDoor

The original film came out in 1987 at a time where LGBTQ+ elements had to remain subtextual, but thankfully not so in 2022. This reimagining is unabashedly queer, which was particularly meaningful for Faison, who himself is LGBTQ+ identified.

Before reading the script, he was repeatedly promised that the queer characters were indeed central to the plot and fully realized people. Still, he was worried. “You’re like, am I gonna be treated as another token gay character, that’s like a joke? And then they get killed off in some funny way. We’ve seen that so many times and it’s just kind of exhausting,” Faison shares. However, he was relieved to find he could trust the director to create a film not only true to the horror elements of Barker’s story, but the queer ones as well. “

Ultimately, it feels in keeping with the kind of film that Barker himself might have made should the era he was directing in have been as open to queer themes and characters. He was heavily involved with this version (unlike many of its other sequels) and it shows. It’s transgressive, queer, and perverse, but also speaks to a more modern sensibility that asks what if your final girl was actually a final gay?

Source: https://www.pride.com/gay-movies/hellraiser-is-modern-unabashedly-queer-and-it-gets-its-hooks-in-you

The way Pinhead started sexual liberation back in the 80's, and has been a LGBTQ+ ally since then. Truly the Madonna of horror.

That's what I call purposeful horror :clap3:

cunty-pinhead.thumb.gif.2c37f0ab93607aad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not surprising AT ALL. Fruity baguette!

OIG.K1L4qL5EI7u9P23KuCjm?pid=ImgGn

Don't even wanna know what happened next

OIG.ygL8VFDiqqwYBNj0nj1k?pid=ImgGn

Chatterer is also canonically homosexual. 

We have no choice but to stan Hellgayser!

spacer.png

You can call Pinhead an icon all you want (I guess) but nobody is more fabulous than Ghostface! 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952s8x2tk9u9zbqxbeof

Pinhead is that icon :clap3: definitely over that melted looking face.

19 minutes ago, Alldeezy said:

Pinhead is that icon :clap3: definitely over that melted looking face.

Enjor your WPs :gaycat5:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952kg7axwotlegpurufu

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Enjor your WPs :gaycat5:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952kg7axwotlegpurufu

stephanie-tanner-full-house.gif

3 hours ago, Alldeezy said:

stephanie-tanner-full-house.gif

I really don't give AF 

28 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

queer sure, hardly an icon tho

stupidjock

Are you just gonna spam the forum with that tired ass gif every day? 

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Are you just gonna spam the forum with that tired ass gif every day? 

GHOSTFACE-ONLINE-ART-SCAN-PREVIEW-WRIGHT

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

You can call Pinhead an icon all you want (I guess) but nobody is more fabulous than Ghostface! 

I guess the meaning of the world fabulous has changed because… I mean, look at that thing :rip:

The same old rags they’ve been wearing since their debut, hideous mask to hide their potentially ugly face, and that knife bought in the dollar store. 

11 hours ago, stupidjock said:

GHOSTFACE-ONLINE-ART-SCAN-PREVIEW-WRIGHT

Shall we talk about Kim Kardashian in your avi? Is she supposed to be The Blob? Cause honestly it would be fitting. 

9 hours ago, GuyNextDoor said:

I guess the meaning of the world fabulous has changed because… I mean, look at that thing :rip:

The same old rags they’ve been wearing since their debut, hideous mask to hide their potentially ugly face, and that knife bought in the dollar store. 

The meltdown over nothing :mummy:

When did Ghostface look this fabulous in their debit era? It's called REINVENTION. Look it an encyclopedia.... Oh wait.... Your ass is too young to know what that means. *wikipedia 

14 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Shall we talk about Kim Kardashian in your avi? Is she supposed to be The Blob? Cause honestly it would be fitting. 

You are right, it is fitting - because they both ATE :clap3:

8 hours ago, stupidjock said:

You are right, it is fitting - because they both ATE :clap3:

They sure did, FAT 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

They sure did, FAT 

I’d think of a comeback but you also Stan daddy Michael so there is some taste in that head of yours 

4 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

I’d think of a comeback but you also Stan daddy Michael so there is some taste in that head of yours 

Yaaaaasssss, we finally agree on something 

:gaycat1:

• Like 1

gay

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.