Bigger opening: Eras Tour or Joker 2?

barbiegrande

Bigger first weekend  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger opening

• Eras Tour
    • JFAD

9 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

The Eras could actually beat it in the US. 

Maybe globally too. I think being a musical will hurt its appeal compared to the first one.

Joker, it's a "conventional" blockbuster, the sequel to a billion-dollar movie and will have a $100M+ marketing push behind it.

Who would pay to go watch a concert…in a movie theater??? That’s some poor people **** Sjdhsjsjshssjsja

35 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

Who would pay to go watch a concert…in a movie theater??? That’s some poor people **** Sjdhsjsjshssjsja

yeah who'd enjoy a concert on a big screen and the best sound around? better to watch some shitty youtube fan made videos :rip:

anyway, joker.

TET will be frontloaded (still extremely succesful obvi)

I think OW in usa:

The eras tour - 100m

Joker - 130m

Edited by Valance

Eras definitely 

I don’t think Joker needed a sequel and also it’s a musical, no comic stan is here for that

The only way it succeeds is if it’s able to find a new audience and spread over that, but it’s definitely not going to be a great opener.

first page cmts had the opportunity to create another type of thread where ppl parody op’s avi like tha xtina one but they missed :gaycatx:

anyway, TET has this one, FAD has better leg tho

31 minutes ago, Valance said:

yeah who'd enjoy a concert on a big screen and the best sound around? better to watch some shitty youtube fan made videos :rip:

A concert is an EXPERIENCE, not a movie. Watching it on screen isn’t nearly the same as experiencing it in person. 

12 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

A concert is an EXPERIENCE

there's many people around you singing in the theatre :sistrens:

The fact that a concert film is being compared to an anticipated DC movie :deadbanana2:

Joker 2, let’s all be real. Especially WW.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 6:23 PM, Axelios said:

No and even if it will gross more than Eras overall probably it won't do better in its OW. 

On 10/6/2023 at 6:34 PM, Axelios said:

Maybe globally too. I think being a musical will hurt its appeal compared to the first one.

Not with these numbers. Couldn’t even beat the first Joker, even with more expensive tickets! 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.