The Eras Tour film breaks all-time UK presale record

Carry My Heart

Taylor Swift breaks UK cinema record with ‘biggest ever’ presale opening week

The US superstar’s concert film will launch in the UK on October 13.

skynews-taylor-swift-eras-tour-movie_6269175.jpg

Taylor Swift has broken a UK cinema record as her Eras tour film became Vue International’s “biggest ever” opening week.

US superstar Swift’s concert film, which was recorded during her American tour leg, has broken the record for the most tickets sold during a presale opening week, Vue International announced on Wednesday.

The huge impact of concert films is clear, with Beyoncé now following suit with a concert film of her own, following the release of the trailer for her Renaissance World Tour concert movie – it’s an exciting time to be a fan of music and cinema

US cinema chain AMC Theatres Distribution previously said the Swift film had beaten its record for the highest ticket-sales revenue during a single day in its 103-year history.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

My 2012 me wouldn't believe this

She was trying her hardest to break UK market in RED era, flew every time she released singles to perform it live and boost its chart performances there

(even for Everything Has Changed and The Last Time)

then she has never had her #1 hit in UK until LWYMMD

so to see her dominance in UK right now, is totally insane, perfect scenario

Edited by Safe&Sound
  • Like 5

That’s a REAL ******* LEGACY :clap3: 

2 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

My 2012 me wouldn't believe this

She was tried her hardest to break UK market in RED era, flew every time she released singles to perform it live and boost its chart performances there

(even for Everything Has Changed and The Last Time)

then she has never had her #1 hit in UK until LWYMMD

so to see her dominance in UK right now, is totally insane, perfect scenario

people who work hard always succeed 

it's not just UK , she struggled the same in USA

She has no proper backing ( yes her dad was rich but that's it), radio weren't playing her song in debut era. She requested at every radio. Went at every country radio station , gave interviews , told the people she use to sing to request her songs. She use to have fan meet and greet for like 12 hrs straight 

People want easy success and then they complain. Success can never be built overnight. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Wow. Taylor is truly the most successful and impactful artist of the century.

Feels n vibes stans are not gonna like this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

the article also writes

"The title was previously held by BTS’ Permission To Dance film, which was released last year"

so they mean THE record for a movie concert

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

the article also writes

"The title was previously held by BTS’ Permission To Dance film, which was released last year"

so they mean record for a movie concert or record in general (bits could have been break the general record too)?

I think it's the record for only the concert movies.

Yeah it's definitely for concert movies :rip: Still a great achievement regardless. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

She has no proper backing ( yes her dad was rich but that's it), radio weren't playing her song in debut era. She requested at every radio. Went at every country radio station , gave interviews , told the people she use to sing to request her songs. She use to have fan meet and greet for like 12 hrs straight 

People want easy success and then they complain. Success can never be built overnight. 

Exactly. Many people undermine her achievements simply because she comes from a wealthy and privileged background, but the reality is that she has put in more effort than the majority of new artists in today's industry. Not only that, but she has consistently employed excellent marketing strategies and innovative thinking. While others may attempt to replicate her formula for success, they often overlook the basics to being successful like Taylor.  It's just not gonna work to merely release music with the huge amounts of playlists and payola when everyone else is doing the same. We need new artists to invest time and effort into their craft and not just rely on their label to do everything for them.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

I seriously doubt it

pre sales are amazing and best of the year after Barbie and Oppenheimer for what I'm seeing. So it's gonna make a lot of money in the Uk too but of course is not like star wars or Bond level of pre sales. 

Edited by vale9001

7 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Exactly. Many people undermine her achievements simply because she comes from a wealthy and privileged background, but the reality is that she has put in more effort than the majority of new artists in today's industry. Not only that, but she has consistently employed excellent marketing strategies and innovative thinking. While others may attempt to replicate her formula for success, they often overlook the basics to being successful like Taylor.  It's just not gonna work to merely release music with the huge amounts of playlists and payola when everyone else is doing the same. We need new artists to invest time and effort into their craft and not just rely on their label to do everything for them.

from what wealthy and privileged background she comes?. :rip:

Edited by vale9001

29 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Tinashe disproved this theory 

OT: A cinema and musical FORCE :clap3: 

Tim Richards, founder and chief executive of Vue International, said: “In the last week since tickets were released, Taylor Swift’s Eras tour has once again broken records, smashing our previous UK presale admit figures as our biggest ever opening week (by ticket presales) for a music concert event.

https://www.standard.co.uk/culture/music/taylor-swift-beyonce-tim-richards-vue-swift-b1111366.html

Still great achievement.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ugo said:

a lot of my friends been wanting to go as well. Like it's just not her stans

I haven’t heard anyone outside of The Swifties™ even mention it tbh

• Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

But, thankfully, you are there to spread it within your circle(s). :celestial3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

from what wealthy and privileged background she comes?. :rip:

I'm sure you know her father was a stock broker and she grow up in a Christmas tree farm with a million dollar house. Sure, she could've had a more wealthy and privileged upbringing like other artists but let's not pretend her family wasn't well off. 

32 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

seeing first 2 days of sales seems 10 times more people knows about it than reinassance movie tbh

Edited by vale9001
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

Zero surprises

Literal babies run amok your hose hold, unbeknownst to you. Where, or what do you be doing?  

6b760416587856fc3db4cc68606cc9f3d83c9994

19 minutes ago, Taylena said:

I'm sure you know her father was a stock broker and she grow up in a Christmas tree farm with a million dollar house. Sure, she could've had a more wealthy and privileged upbringing like other artists but let's not pretend her family wasn't well off. 

who cares? :chick1:

she needed two years to even get a top 10 song and 6 years to get a #1

literally a career build in an old fashioned way with show in locals with 15 people, concerts at the exhbitions etc.. a lot of promo in the little radios you can imagine and a success reached step by step 

Every pop girl with a poor family was noticed in a local by an executives of pop industry label (for example jay z and rihanna) got a way easier access to the industry. They were pure industry plant, you got notice, you got a contract, 150 producers, first song made sent in every national radios with big deals and 4 months after you can have a #1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

45 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

Funny that the numbers tell another narrative 

1 hour ago, Taylena said:

And? 

2 hours ago, Brikenbur said:

You probably don't leave your house and that's fine :heart:

OT: Legend things :gaycat4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.